Macrium Support Forum

More Options for File Replace Setting During File/Folder Restore

https://forum.macrium.com/Topic29464.aspx

By hurricane51 - 5 June 2019 10:00 AM

I had a situation come up where neither "Replace All Files" nor "Replace Only Files That Are Different" solved the problem. I posted a question and from the response I received it seems to me there could be some enhancement of this setting.
I've read one member's suggestion for a "Restore Only Missing Files/Folders" option, and that would be a welcome option. I have another request.

While the setting for replacing only files that have changed limits overwriting files/folders, it would be helpful to have a further option to ignore files on the target drive that are newer than those in the backup. It would be a filter to further restrict the possibility of overwriting needed files accidentally.
By Nick - 5 June 2019 3:50 PM

hurricane51 - 5 June 2019 10:00 AM
I had a situation come up where neither "Replace All Files" nor "Replace Only Files That Are Different" solved the problem. I posted a question and from the response I received it seems to me there could be some enhancement of this setting.
I've read one member's suggestion for a "Restore Only Missing Files/Folders" option, and that would be a welcome option. I have another request.

While the setting for replacing only files that have changed limits overwriting files/folders, it would be helpful to have a further option to ignore files on the target drive that are newer than those in the backup. It would be a filter to further restrict the possibility of overwriting needed files accidentally.

Thanks for your post. This is a good enhancement an we'll add it as soon as possible.

Thanks again for your feedback