Boot Disc Upgrade

Author
Jim Doerfler
New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
How is the best method to upgrade to a larger boot drive? I have an older 256GB SSD as my current boot drive and I'm wanting to transfer the OS partition to a larger new SSD drive and have the new drive be the boot drive. Thank you.
DanielS
DanielS
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (37 reputation)Macrium Representative (37 reputation)Macrium Representative (37 reputation)Macrium Representative (37 reputation)Macrium Representative (37 reputation)Macrium Representative (37 reputation)Macrium Representative (37 reputation)Macrium Representative (37 reputation)Macrium Representative (37 reputation)Macrium Representative (37 reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hello Jim,

It is possible to clone an entire hard drive or specific partitions on a hard drive. This is useful if you are upgrading to a larger hard drive. With Macrium Reflect you can boot the target disk on the same system after cloning. Cloning your hard drive creates a bootable new hard drive with the state of your computer at the time you undertook the clone.You can clone to a hard drive installed in your computer or to a hard drive installed in a USB hard-drive Caddy.

Please read the KB article below for more information on Cloning a disk: 
http://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW/Cloning+a+disk

Kind Regards, 
Daniel
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore