Still having Anniversary-related scheduling issues in v6.2.1549

Author
Derry
New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
My scheduled tasks stopped running when Windows 10 Anniversary Edition was installed. The symptoms sound like what others have seen -- no obvious clues or errors, the tasks simply fail to run.

I saw that v6.2.1495 contained a fix for this problem, but I'm at a later release level and still see it. The account the task was created in is an admin account (mine). I tried editing the backup definition file to delete the tasks, then went back in and recreated them. The tasks appear in the Windows Task Scheduler, but don't run at the appointed time.

Some properties from the Task Scheduler:

* Run whether user is logged on or not.
* Run with highest privileges.
* Wake the computer to run this task. (Not sure I like this one.)

Any troubleshooting suggestions?

Thanks, -- Derry
Richard V.
Richard V.
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)
It's not quite clear what you mean when you say that you edited "the backup definition file to delete the tasks".  Did you in fact edit the backup task definition (XML file) or did you actually delete and re-create  backup job entries in the Windows task scheduler.  If the latter, did you do it directly in the task scheduler or via Reflect's user interface.  Are you scheduling the backup task definition directly or via a script.  If the latter, did you also recreate the script?  Are there no Reflect log entries or task scheduler last run errors showing failed attempts to run the scheduled jobs and, if there are, what errors do they show?

Regards, Richard V. ("Arvy")
https://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/afc5d4fe-5d25-4e25-be94-185e.png

Edited 25 September 2016 10:01 PM by Arvy
Derry
Derry
New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)New Member (27 reputation)
Thanks. The answer: The latter, and in the Reflect user interface. In other words, I clicked "Edit" for the backup definition file inside Reflect, then navigated through the pages to the one that has schedules, deleted the tasks, and exited the edit. I verified the tasks were not present in the Task Scheduler. Then I invoked "Edit" again and recreated the tasks, then verified in Task Scheduler that they had been recreated.

There's no Macrium log file at all for the missing runs. I didn't know about the Task Scheduler history capability, and so it wasn't enabled. I have enabled it now so we'll see what happens. I'm not sure what you mean by "last run errors". How do I see these?

Derry
Richard V.
Richard V.
Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)
The Windows task scheduler entry should display the datetime of the last run and its result as 0x0 if the task was run successfully or some other value if the attempt failed.  It will show "never" if the task never ran at all.  I suspect (just a guess really) that we may be dealing with an elevation issue.  Might be worth a quick check of the credentials entered for running scheduled tasks under Reflect's default settings.

Edited 25 September 2016 10:18 PM by Arvy
Derry
Derry
Got it. Error code is 0x1F4. Scheduled task user is me (an administrator) with presumably my password; it has worked before.
Richard V.
Richard V.
Well, at least we know now that it did try to run and failed, but you may have me stymied with that 0x1f4 error code.  I can't recall having seen or tracked it down before as a last run result in the Windows task scheduler.  I have seen it in a more general system error context indicating that a user profile cannot be loaded.  If it means anything similar for the task scheduler, it would be consistent with a bad credentials issue and also consistent with never being able to start Reflect to create any log entry there.  Seems clear enough that something is preventing a scheduled job that actually does trigger the request from running the Reflect application's task.  However, if you're sure the credentials are valid in Reflect's default settings, you may have to take this one to a direct support request unless someone else has a better suggestion.

Edited 25 September 2016 11:40 PM by Arvy
biged
biged
New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)
I'm having the exact same issue with the same release.
Mike A
Mike A
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (331 reputation)Macrium Representative (331 reputation)Macrium Representative (331 reputation)Macrium Representative (331 reputation)Macrium Representative (331 reputation)Macrium Representative (331 reputation)Macrium Representative (331 reputation)Macrium Representative (331 reputation)Macrium Representative (331 reputation)Macrium Representative (331 reputation)
Hi,

If you run the task manually from the Windows Task Scheduler does Reflect run as expected?

Thanks,

Mike.
ulip
ulip
New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)
Arvy - 25 September 2016 11:35 PM
Well, at least we know now that it did try to run and failed, but you may have me stymied with that 0x1f4 error code.  I can't recall having seen or tracked it down before as a last run result in the Windows task scheduler.  I have seen it in a more general system error context indicating that a user profile cannot be loaded.  If it means anything similar for the task scheduler, it would be consistent with a bad credentials issue and also consistent with never being able to start Reflect to create any log entry there.  Seems clear enough that something is preventing a scheduled job that actually does trigger the request from running the Reflect application's task.  However, if you're sure the credentials are valid in Reflect's default settings, you may have to take this one to a direct support request unless someone else has a better suggestion.

Hi Arvy,
got 0x1f4 sometimes - but after about 2-5 minutes all 0x1f4 changed to 0x800710e0 "the operator or administartor has refused the request" and do not start the task automatically (see my posts some days ago). For me it seems to be unpredictable, whether the MR schedulers get 0x1f4 first and then change - or get 0x800710e0 directly. In both cases, the schedulers do not start the tasks. Started manually, the tasks work. I opened a ticket, but decided to go back to V1511, cause I need  full functional MR schedulers - hope Nick and his guys are able to fix the problems Microsoft made with API 1.0 under V10 AU. Best is to use APi 2.0 under Vista and newer.
Mike A
Mike A
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (331 reputation)Macrium Representative (331 reputation)Macrium Representative (331 reputation)Macrium Representative (331 reputation)Macrium Representative (331 reputation)Macrium Representative (331 reputation)Macrium Representative (331 reputation)Macrium Representative (331 reputation)Macrium Representative (331 reputation)Macrium Representative (331 reputation)
Hi,

I'm trying to recreate the issues you are facing, but everything works as expected. Can you tell me the type of account that you are using to run the scheduled tasks? (domain user, admin account, microsoft account)

What time are you scheduling the tasks? i.e. Are the tasks running when Windows is in an idle state, or when you are logged on?

Thanks,

Mike.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search