Minor issue with viBoot v6.1.1443

Author
BulldolphinDan
New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have an issue with viBoot v6.1.1443.  First, after a dozen or so uses with a variety of Reflect boot images, it always works .  I log into the VM with no problem.  However, on some occasions, and always with one of my Cs, I get a request to format a drive, say "G.".  As I have no such physical drive, it is obviously virtual.  Whether I ignore the prompt or simply close the window, viBoot still works fine.  This problem didn't exist in the last "Technical Preview" version.  

So, as viBoot still works, this is, so far, minor, but I needed to report it so the experts can take a look.  Below is a screen shot of the message as well as a Warning in the viBoot log.  I also included a screenhot of what I assume is the relevant SCSI adapter problem in Device Manager.

Thanks for your product and your help.

http://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/15db43bc-05b0-4f99-bf78-b844.png

http://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/d9daa975-8231-472c-bff1-c227.png

JamieW
JamieW
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (456 reputation)Macrium Representative (456 reputation)Macrium Representative (456 reputation)Macrium Representative (456 reputation)Macrium Representative (456 reputation)Macrium Representative (456 reputation)Macrium Representative (456 reputation)Macrium Representative (456 reputation)Macrium Representative (456 reputation)Macrium Representative (456 reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi BulldolphinDan,

Thank you for your post.

It appears that some Windows configurations are ignoring viBoots attempts to disable auto-mounting while the virtual drives are being initialized. This is something that we are looking into.

Also, there should only ever be one instance of the Macrium Reflect Virtual SCSI Adapter. In your screenshot of device manager, there is another instance which has failed to start. While it is expected that it failed to start, it shouldn’t exist. Please can you right-click on it and select “Uninstall”, ensure that “Delete the driver software for this device” is un-checked and click “OK”. This should remove the unwanted device.

Kind Regards,

Jamie
Macrium Support

Kind Regards

Jamie

Macrium Development

Next Webinar

See our reviews on

Trustpilot Logo
Trustpilot Stars

BulldolphinDan
BulldolphinDan
New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Jamie,

OK, great and thanks for the reply and attention to this.

The "broken adapter" no longer exists, and I have been unable to regenerate it.  I mounted and logged on to a couple of images (with the attendant request to format drive G), and it did not reappear.  I had thought that it was of diagnostic aid, but it appears that is not the case.  The only other diagnostic aid that I have, and that I am sure you know, is that this "format request" didn't occur with the last "Technical Preview" version of viBoot.

As I say viBoot is still working great, so I am not impeded by this, but needed to report it for diagnosis; let me know if I can provide anything else, and when you solve the problem I am sure that there will be an update.

As I have also said, viBoot is a great addition to Reflect, and that you are including it for free will, in my opinion help your market share enormously.  I am a long time True Image user, and in the past Acronis did have a method to boot their .tib images to check restorablity, but no more.  I am now firmly aligned to the Reflect camp and am recommending the same to others. 

Thanks again.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search