Marcium 6.1 1366 Loads and cannot be stopped.

Author
sinbad
New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

I am very pleased with Macrium Reflect.It performed quickly and accurately.
I do frequent images ofseveral different SSDs as part of my backup routine.
After thelast image was generated, the system was powered down overnight.
Onreboot the next day Macrium loaded. Repeated attempts to terminatethe program failed.
One attempt to unload (planning to laterreload) with Revo failed because the program was running and couldnot be stopped.

I see no immediate harm (apart from memory and CPUusage) as I can minimize the program and let it sit in thebackground, but I am also uneasy about any behavior I cannotunderstand, especially those I cannot terminate.

There is probablya very simple explanation, but I am too simple to recognize itwithout help.

Richard V.
Richard V.
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
If you are using Revo to "unload" Macrium Reflect (which I understand to mean that you're trying to uninstall it completely) it's totally unnecessary.  The normal Windows uninstall process will get rid of Reflect cleanly and completely if that's what you want to do.

I'm not sure exactly what worries you about Reflect running its normal processes on your system, but you can be assured that the Reflect application's installation impacts on system resources are minimal.  One might even say negligible.  It does install its own driver for mounting backup images and there is an autostart Windows service (ReflectService.exe) that assists Relfect's handling of missed Windows Task Scheduler tasks if the "run at next startup" option is chosen.  But that's about it except for storing some of Reflect's default settings in the Windows registry.  Backup tasks themselves are very straightforward I/O operations and you can adjust their relative background priority if you wish.

What exactly can you not understand and can't "terminate"?  If it's running a scheduled backup task, just open the Reflect user interface and hit the Cancel button.  It will clean up its own aborted task unless something else intervenes.

Regards, Richard V. ("Arvy")
https://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/afc5d4fe-5d25-4e25-be94-185e.png

Edited 16 July 2016 9:53 PM by Arvy
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search