Add means to disable/enable scheduled backups

Author
kfank
New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have incremental backups scheduled throughout the day.  Sometimes when I am performing maintenance operations I would like to pause Macrium so it doesn't start a scheduled backup until I am done.  Unless I overlooked an easy way to do this, I would suggest this as a feature enhancement.
Edited 27 November 2023 4:54 PM by kfank
kfank
kfank
New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)
Never mind.  I found the enable/disable on the local menu on the Scheduled Backups tab.
Patrick O'Keefe
Patrick O'Keefe
Expert
Expert (876 reputation)Expert (876 reputation)Expert (876 reputation)Expert (876 reputation)Expert (876 reputation)Expert (876 reputation)Expert (876 reputation)Expert (876 reputation)Expert (876 reputation)Expert (876 reputation)
kfank - 27 November 2023 4:54 PM
I have incremental backups scheduled throughout the day.  Sometimes when I am performing maintenance operations I would like to pause Macrium so it doesn't start a scheduled backup until I am done.  Unless I overlooked an easy way to do this, I would suggest this as a feature enhancement.
I think this has been requested before, but I think it's worth requesting again.  Reflect already allows you to disable individual backups but it would be nice to have a way to temporarily disable all scheduled backups ... and have "Run as soon as possible" processing be honored when the schedule is re-enabled.

Nameuser
Nameuser
New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)
Patrick O'Keefe - 27 November 2023 6:10 PM
kfank - 27 November 2023 4:54 PM
I think this has been requested before, but I think it's worth requesting again.  Reflect already allows you to disable individual backups but it would be nice to have a way to temporarily disable all scheduled backups ... and have "Run as soon as possible" processing be honored when the schedule is re-enabled.

It would be a valuable feature to be able to put whole backup description files on hold, to pause them either for the time being for manual re-enabling or even scheduled, so that all the schedules and settings within remain the same without having to delete the description from the list and then search for the .xml from the disks and folders to have one activated again. The same for each scheduled task within a description of course would be convenient, so you just open the description and pause or resume individual tasks one by one per need.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search