Make online Help open in the default Browser.

Author
Macriummer
New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I don't use Edge. However, whenever I try to use help Reflect opens up the link to the online help in Edge which means I need to open my browser and cut and paste and close edge. I actually prefer offline help but if help is sending us online it should use the browser we have chosen.

Patrick O'Keefe
Patrick O'Keefe
Expert
Expert (876 reputation)Expert (876 reputation)Expert (876 reputation)Expert (876 reputation)Expert (876 reputation)Expert (876 reputation)Expert (876 reputation)Expert (876 reputation)Expert (876 reputation)Expert (876 reputation)
My default browser is FireFox and Reflect uses it when I display online help so I'd say your experience is not universal.  I know Microsoft is trying to get Windows to use Edge by default for everything web-ish and "default browser" really doesn't have much meaning any more, but there's probably so setting to get your browser used.

I wonder what URL in the GUI looks like.

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)
I have the same experience as Patrick in terms of having Firefox as my default browser and Reflect using that.

As for offline help, the landing page of the Online User Guide has a sidebar on the left, and near the top of that sidebar is a "Complete User Guide" PDF link that you can save for offline use.

Macriummer
Macriummer
New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)
Thanks for the replies. The link displayed is:

https://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW80/Macrium+Reflect+User+Guide

I'm using Pale Moon which is based on Fire Fox. I have the PDF but I don't know how to get that to open when I click help.

Patrick O'Keefe
Patrick O'Keefe
Expert
Expert (876 reputation)Expert (876 reputation)Expert (876 reputation)Expert (876 reputation)Expert (876 reputation)Expert (876 reputation)Expert (876 reputation)Expert (876 reputation)Expert (876 reputation)Expert (876 reputation)
I assume this is set as you wish, but just in case (assuming you are using Win11) go to
Settings>Default Apps>Choose defaults by link type
and make sure HTTP and HTTPS are set to Pale Moon.

Macriummer
Macriummer
Thanks, I'm using Win10.  I don't see Choose defaults by link type.

Patrick O'Keefe
Patrick O'Keefe
Expert
I just brought up Win10 on an old nearly dead laptop - 22H2 Build 19045.3750.  I suspect the Settings stuff will be similar on yours.
Apps>Default apps>Choose default apps by protocol (That option is under the list of default apps.)
The list of protocols is on the left in alphabetical order.  HTTP and HTTPS are about a quarter of the way through the list.

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)
I don’t think there’s a way to get the PDF to open when you click Help. It’s just a resource you can keep handy for offline viewing.
dbminter
dbminter
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)
You can also right click the PDF file and choose Open With from the context menu and under that Choose another app, which should let you choose your defaults to open a file type.

Macriummer
Macriummer
Thanks for the replies I checked the HTTP & HTTPS settings and they are set to my default browser. Other programs I use do open online help in Pale Moon but Reflect doesn't and never has. I guess I can put a shortcut to the pdf on my Start menu.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search