Rescue media cannot be created under Windows 10 Pro?

Author
Oldseadog
New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello, everyone
I have the following problem, every time I want to create a rescue stick, Macrium Reflect tells me that the installWim is missing. I then copied it from my Windows 10 installation stick to a folder and mounted it in Macrium reflect.

Then it tells me that rescue media could not be created because some files could not be copied as the stick has too small a capacity. I have now tried an 8 GB stick, then 16 and finally 32 gigabytes. Does not work on any of them.

It doesn't work with a 4.7 GB DVD either, I've tried a few times now, and it doesn't work. In the meantime I'm annoyed, I don't know anything like this from the program, so far everything has always worked. Does anyone have any idea what is wrong?

I am using Windows 10 Pro

Greetings

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)
The required WIM is not a WIM from installation media. It is either a WinRE WIM that should exist on your WinRE partition, or a WinPE WIM downloaded from Microsoft. I’m also not sure how you mounted a WIM in Reflect.

Click on Advanced > Choose Base WIN. If you’re currently using WinRE, try WinPE 10. The first time you do, you should see a prompt to download the necessary components. If you want to fix WinRE, then it would probably help to post the actual WIM build log. You can access that from the menu bar at the top of the Rescue Media Builder window. I would suggest attaching it as a file rather than pasting the text directly into a post here.
Oldseadog
Oldseadog
New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)
Hello and thanks for the feedback.

After reading this, I must have misunderstood something. I will have a look at your tips today. I'll post here whether it worked or not.
Oldseadog
Oldseadog
Hello, your instructions helped. I had a mistake in my mind and that's why it didn't work.

Now, with the use of Windows RE, it has created the rescue stick. Now I am reassured again, because it always worked before to restore the system with Macrium Reflect.

Thank you very much
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search