Must log in now to access the knowledge base?

Author
dbminter
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I tried to access the knowledge base just now and for the first time, I was asked to log in with a user name and password. It was not this way yesterday.

Thanks!
Stephen
Stephen
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (1.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.2K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hello Dbminter,

That doesn't look right.

We will look further into this issue.

Kind Regards

Stephen

Next Webinar

See our reviews on

Trustpilot Logo
Trustpilot Stars

capair45
capair45
Macrium Hero
Macrium Hero (2.8K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.8K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.8K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.8K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.8K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.8K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.8K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.8K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.8K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.8K reputation)
I had this issue yesterday but it seems to have been corrected.

Windows 10 Home (22H2)  Build 19045.4046 (Desktop)
Windows 11 Home (22H2)  Build 22621.1992  (Laptop)
Macrium Reflect 8.1.7847

dbminter
dbminter
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)
Yes, it's working as it should now.  Thanks!

Joe Allen
Joe Allen
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)
We were performing essential maintenance on our Knowledgebase to ensure our customers have the highest-performing self-help tools possible - we are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards

Joe A

Macrium Support Team

Next Webinar

See our reviews on

Trustpilot Logo
Trustpilot Stars

Dan Danz
Dan Danz
Macrium Hero
Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)
Joe Allen - 10 November 2023 2:45 PM
We were performing essential maintenance on our Knowledgebase to ensure our customers have the highest-performing self-help tools possible - we are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Hi Joe
You made me think about something that's been bugging me ... pardon me for piling on BigGrin
The default for the Knowledge Base seems to be v8.0, no matter what link I use to get to it (so I can search further).  I like to publish reminders to neophyte questions on the forum to where they can find the answers, but it would be a lot better if a link to the Knowledge Base at least gave you an option on the first page to change to the 8.1 version, but it doesn't even offer a link to what's new in 8.1, instead it shows What's New in 8.0.  
This link: https://knowledgebase.macrium.com/ gets this as the first page displayed:

Even the link from the Help Menu in MR v8.1.7675 goes to the v8.0 User Guide:
https://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW80/Macrium+Reflect+User+Guide

L.W. (Dan) Danz, Overland Park KS
Reflect v8.1.7847+ on Windows 11 Home 23H2 22631.3085+ | Reflect v8.1.7853+ on Windows 10 Pro 22H2 19045.3996+
Reflect v8.1.7784+ on 2 systems Windows 10 Home 22H2 19045.3803+

Joe Allen
Joe Allen
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)
Hi Dan, 

I have mentioned this to the relevant people and they will look into this, there is the link for whats new in version 8.1 which you may be looking for? 

The knowledge base articles which are currently published refer both to version 8.0 and 8.1. The link (https://knowledgebase.macrium.com/) is for both v8.0 and 8.1 and the future releases of version 8, for example: v8.2, 8.3 etc...

The information in the articles is ccorrect and is up-to-date with the latest release. 

Kind Regards

Joe A

Macrium Support Team

Next Webinar

See our reviews on

Trustpilot Logo
Trustpilot Stars

Dan Danz
Dan Danz
Macrium Hero
Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)
Joe Allen - 10 November 2023 3:39 PM
The knowledge base articles which are currently published refer both to version 8.0 and 8.1. The link (https://knowledgebase.macrium.com/) is for both v8.0 and 8.1 and the future releases of version 8, for example: v8.2, 8.3 etc...

The information in the articles is ccorrect and is up-to-date with the latest release. 
Thanks @JoeA for your clarification ..  I know it's nit picking, but please permit to ask a rhetorical question: How is a first-time user of the KB/UG  supposed to know what you said about the contents when the pages say it's for 8.0? For all kinds of users, it might be better if the KB/UG called itself just plain Knowledge Base 8 instead of giving the impression it is only for 8.0 and that users should look elsewhere for later release information. 

Just sayin' ....Smile 

L.W. (Dan) Danz, Overland Park KS
Reflect v8.1.7847+ on Windows 11 Home 23H2 22631.3085+ | Reflect v8.1.7853+ on Windows 10 Pro 22H2 19045.3996+
Reflect v8.1.7784+ on 2 systems Windows 10 Home 22H2 19045.3803+

dbminter
dbminter
Macrium Evangelist
I think it's a fair point.

Joe Allen
Joe Allen
Macrium Representative
I will pass your comments on to the team and will let you know what they say as you make a valid argument Smile

Kind Regards

Joe A

Macrium Support Team

Next Webinar

See our reviews on

Trustpilot Logo
Trustpilot Stars

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...