115% Increase for Technician Renewal? 126% Increase for workstation?

Author
RickNY
New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
My Macrium Reflect maintenance is due for renewal at the end of this month... When I generated my renewal quote, I was shocked at the increase in the price -- is this accurate?  What exactly are you providing now that justifies this type of pricing increase?  We really have no other choice but to switch to a different product if this is accurate/

2022: 1yr Renewal - Reflect Tech License Delivery: electronic 1 $559.30  ---> 2023 Price is now $1200.00
2022: 1yr Renewal - Reflect Workstation Std Support Delivery: electronic 5 $75.00 ---> Price is now $170.00

2022 Renewal Total:  $634.30 vs 2023 Renewal Quote:  $1370.00

Is this accurate -- if so, WHY?

Edited 2 November 2023 5:01 PM by RickNY
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)
I don’t remember ever seeing the Technicians license being priced anywhere near as low as your 2022 figure on Macrium’s website. $1200 is the price I see on the site, and I seem to remember it actually being slightly higher a while ago, but I can’t remember for sure. If you got special pricing due to some circumstances on your previous renewal, might be best to discuss that directly with Macrium privately.
OilMan
OilMan
Junior Member (54 reputation)Junior Member (54 reputation)Junior Member (54 reputation)Junior Member (54 reputation)Junior Member (54 reputation)Junior Member (54 reputation)Junior Member (54 reputation)Junior Member (54 reputation)Junior Member (54 reputation)Junior Member (54 reputation)
I'm in the same boat. Got an email to renew my Technician's license so I followed it and was shocked they are now asking for $1100 for a renewal that cost $279 last year. Pretty sure I'll be finding something else to use also if this is the real pricing.

RickNY
RickNY
New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)
I went back and checked my records, and 2018 was when I originally purchased the Technician license. Cost of the initial purchase was $799. I was contacted by someone at Macrium just prior to expiring in 2019, and was given the $559.30 renewal price because "renewals are less than a new purchase", and continued getting renewal quotes since then for the same amount. This year, was when it increased to $1200. We have other backup infrastructure in place to use instead, so we will likely have to move away from Macrium completely. I can't justify that expense.
OilMan
OilMan
Junior Member (54 reputation)Junior Member (54 reputation)Junior Member (54 reputation)Junior Member (54 reputation)Junior Member (54 reputation)Junior Member (54 reputation)Junior Member (54 reputation)Junior Member (54 reputation)Junior Member (54 reputation)Junior Member (54 reputation)
RickNY - 2 November 2023 5:40 PM
I went back and checked my records, and 2018 was when I originally purchased the Technician license. Cost of the initial purchase was $799. I was contacted by someone at Macrium just prior to expiring in 2019, and was given the $559.30 renewal price because "renewals are less than a new purchase", and continued getting renewal quotes since then for the same amount. This year, was when it increased to $1200. We have other backup infrastructure in place to use instead, so we will likely have to move away from Macrium completely. I can't justify that expense.

Which seems weird because although I can't find our original invoice from 2013 when we initially purchased it I can find the last 5 years of renewals that were all $279 apiece for the 1 tech license we have.

RickNY
RickNY
Just wanted to follow up that Macrium confirmed the pricing direct from them was accurate. 

I was able to secure a renewal quote with a 10% increase over last years price with an Authorized Reseller  (which I am not disclosing) -- so, shop around.

OilMan
OilMan
Update, I also received pricing from a vendor and it wasn't even half of the $1100-$1200 price tag I got from Macrium proper..

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search