Possible To Load A Cloned/ Imaged/ Rescue Media?

Author
Dal
Junior Member (68 reputation)Junior Member (68 reputation)Junior Member (68 reputation)Junior Member (68 reputation)Junior Member (68 reputation)Junior Member (68 reputation)Junior Member (68 reputation)Junior Member (68 reputation)Junior Member (68 reputation)Junior Member (68 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Is it possible to load a version of Reflect 7 independently, without restoring...?

Win 10 Pro started playing up so I I took a several different types of backups & installed a new instance of Windows 10 Pro (call it Ringo). BUT I didn't release licenses of different software on my old OS. Is it possible to load the old windows, release my old licenses, then load up my new Windows (Ringo). Ringo is well set-up & I don't want to cause any issues going forward with my new system...

Possible? Does not seem to be any videos on this, seems possible in the manual but I'm quite scared as I'm not very good at this. Wasn't supposed to be reinstalling Win 10 in the first place, I was trying to do a repair installatiion which resulted in a complete wipe-out LOL. 
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
If you just need this for Reflect, simply install Reflect on the new PC. If you hear from Macrium Licensing, explain the situation and they can deactivate the original PC on their end. But you shouldn’t be blocked from installing Reflect on the new PC in spite of the defunct prior installation.

If you need this for other purposes, Reflect has a tool called viBoot that can be used to start image backups as virtual machines somewhere else. It uses either VirtualBox or Hyper-V, the latter of which is an optional component of Windows 10 Pro. If your PC has at least a few GB of RAM to spare, you can start one of those backups of your old Windows environment on your new one, and then you’d be able to use it for accomplishing tasks like this.
Edited 22 October 2023 4:32 PM by jphughan
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search