Transfer speed limitation shoould be available to Home version users because high speeds can cause...

Transfer speed limitation shoould be available to Home version users...
Author
q9q
Junior Member (60 reputation)Junior Member (60 reputation)Junior Member (60 reputation)Junior Member (60 reputation)Junior Member (60 reputation)Junior Member (60 reputation)Junior Member (60 reputation)Junior Member (60 reputation)Junior Member (60 reputation)Junior Member (60 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,
version 8.1 has a speed limit for network drives, that's available to business versions of Macrium Reflect.
I have experienced issues with USB flash drives (high quality) overheating when dozens of GB were being written during a backup.
My guess is that limiting the amoung of data written per second, OR introducing a play-and-pause system (writing 10 seconds, then pause 5 seconds, for example) , might help Home users use flash drives with no issues, for backup.
I remember that I had to "solve" the issue by pausing the backup after 10 GB written and wait a few minutes for the USB flash drive to "calm down" and "cool down". If this was automized as an option, it would be better of course. It can be very frustrating when your Full Backup is 80% done
@ 50GB and then the drive refuses to be written to, temporarily.

If the new feature for business users can be used to mitigate this problem, I'd like to suggest to add it to the Home version, too.
The same problem also occured with Micro-SD SDXC, by the way. (all quality manufacturers)
I guess one might try to buy some extra high load flash drives / sdxs cards, like those for dashcams, but things might get expensive for 1 TB cards/ sticks, esp. since the "normal" flash drives/SDs are otherwise good.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search