BSOD Phase1 Initialization Failed after clicking "Use host driver" and then "Do not copy drivers"...

BSOD Phase1 Initialization Failed after clicking "Use host driver" and...
Author
Keith Weisshar
Advanced Member
Advanced Member (570 reputation)Advanced Member (570 reputation)Advanced Member (570 reputation)Advanced Member (570 reputation)Advanced Member (570 reputation)Advanced Member (570 reputation)Advanced Member (570 reputation)Advanced Member (570 reputation)Advanced Member (570 reputation)Advanced Member (570 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
My computer went into BSOD boot loop with Phase1 Initialization Failed after clicking "Use host driver" and then "Do not copy drivers" and then clicking OK in that order in Rescue Media Builder advanced menu and then rebooting.  When I clicked "Use host driver" and then "Do not copy drivers" and then clicked OK it deleted the entire C:\Windows\Inf folder and I can no longer boot Windows after reboot and I had to clean install Windows since I did not have a previous backup of Windows at that moment.  I had to reinstall Windows and then reinstall Macrium Reflect but it registered OK because it's on the same computer.  This is a serious issue that needs to be fixed.  I need the attention of Macrium Support to look into this issue.  In the meantime, please do not click "Use host driver" and then "Do not copy drivers" before clicking OK as this will delete the C:\Windows\Inf folder as soon as OK is clicked and then render the computer unbootable on the next reboot.  This is a serious bug that needs to be fixed because it can brick the computer and will require either reinstalling Windows or booting from rescue media and restoring from most recent Macrium image.
Edited 11 October 2023 12:43 AM by Keith Weisshar
Joe Allen
Joe Allen
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (717 reputation)Macrium Representative (717 reputation)Macrium Representative (717 reputation)Macrium Representative (717 reputation)Macrium Representative (717 reputation)Macrium Representative (717 reputation)Macrium Representative (717 reputation)Macrium Representative (717 reputation)Macrium Representative (717 reputation)Macrium Representative (717 reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi All, 

An update has just been released which addresses this issue. Update the software's latest version (8.1.7675) to apply this patch.

Thank you @Keith Weisshar for bringing this to our attention and for your patience regarding this issue.

Kind Regards

Joe A

Macrium Support Team

Next Webinar

See our reviews on

Trustpilot Logo
Trustpilot Stars

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...