Recurring Boot issue

Author
Regor250
New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Every 3-4 days my Win11 system can't boot.  I insert the Recue Media, reboot, and the system boots as normal on C: not on the Recue Media.  I remove the recue media, reboot, it fails again, so I get it to boot with the recue media, which doesn't load the Macrium rescue environment but Windows as normal, and re-setup a Macrium boot menu in order to be able to boot in the recue environment and run the "Fix Boot Issues" function, which finds and restore the BCD.  Then it works fine for a few days and it repeats; re-install Macrium boot menu, reset BCD, repeat in 4 days ...  

For the life of me, I can't figure out why this happens.  It seems to happen on days the automatic backup runs, but not consistently.  Any clue anyone?  I tested the boot drive in all possible ways and it's fine as far as I can tell. 
JK
JK
Macrium Hero
Macrium Hero (2.4K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.4K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.4K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.4K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.4K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.4K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.4K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.4K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.4K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.4K reputation)
I don't have an answer for your main problem, but I want to clarify that to boot into the Rescue Environment on external rescue media (e.g., a USB flash drive), it is not sufficient to just insert to media and reboot the computer.  At the very start of the boot process, you need to hit a keyboard key to trigger the launch of a one-time boot menu (where you can then select the Rescue Media as the location that you want to boot from).  

For example, on Dell laptop computers, it is usually the F12 key that must be pressed (often repeatedly) at the start of the boot-up sequence (around the time that the Dell logo is first displayed).

Regor250
Regor250
New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)
Tx for the tip :-)
Regor250
Regor250
To bring this issue to closure, Dell at last, agreed to replace my SSD.... problem gone!  Nothing apparently wrong I could detect with the drive, but obviously it was the cause of the issue.  The image I restored on the new drive is that of my system with the re-occurring issue.  Happy now :-)
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search