Backup log file location

Author
MikeBrice
New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
The standard location for these log files is <PROGRAMDATA>Macrium\Reflect
I avoid holding important data on the C: drive so wish to move these files elsewhere
I avoid holding important data on my local desktop disc, everything is on NAS drives, some RAID 5 and others not
I want to change the location of the log files to a NAS drive location
Can I do this, and if so how ?
Joe Allen
Joe Allen
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi @MikeBrice

There is no way to change where the log files are stored, saying these are only important when the backup fails and we request logs from you. Apart from failed backups log files are not important to the software. 

If you wish to store them somewhere then you can create a file and folder backup of the location and store them on the NAS, however, this kind of contradicts this as the file and folder backup will also create a log. Another option would be to create email notifications and include the log file in the email. 

https://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW80/Email+Settings+and+Defaults

Kind Regards

Joe A

Macrium Support Team

Next Webinar

See our reviews on

Trustpilot Logo
Trustpilot Stars

JK
JK
Macrium Hero
Macrium Hero (2.4K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.4K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.4K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.4K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.4K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.4K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.4K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.4K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.4K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.4K reputation)
@JoeA -- as a feature request, would you consider at least making the log file location a subfolder of the ProgramData folder (e.g., %PROGRAMDATA%\Macrium\Reflect\Logs)?  That way, a user who is so inclined could at least set up a symlink that redirects the Logs subfolder to a location on a non-system partition.

MikeBrice
MikeBrice
New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)
JK - 29 August 2023 3:54 PM
@JoeA -- as a feature request, would you consider at least making the log file location a subfolder of the ProgramData folder (e.g., %PROGRAMDATA%\Macrium\Reflect\Logs)?  That way, a user who is so inclined could at least set up a symlink that redirects the Logs subfolder to a location on a non-system partition.

Thank you for these comments/suggestions. Perhaps I am trying to do too much, but I will implement a backup task to manage the files located on the ProgramData location.
Joe Allen
Joe Allen
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)
Group: Administrators
@JK, I will pass your thoughts onto the reflect team Smile

Kind Regards

Joe A

Macrium Support Team

Next Webinar

See our reviews on

Trustpilot Logo
Trustpilot Stars

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...