How to change the XML file path

Author
Suchafan
Junior Member (51 reputation)Junior Member (51 reputation)Junior Member (51 reputation)Junior Member (51 reputation)Junior Member (51 reputation)Junior Member (51 reputation)Junior Member (51 reputation)Junior Member (51 reputation)Junior Member (51 reputation)Junior Member (51 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I need to change the path where all my .xml backup files are created from my root F:\ to my C:\ so they get backed up with my Scheduled automatic C drive backup.
I looked in the Definition Files area under Edit and Advanced but I don't see where to change all the XML path locations. I hope it's not under the "XML View" code area.

Thanks for any help on this subject. :-)
Suchafan
Suchafan
Junior Member (51 reputation)Junior Member (51 reputation)Junior Member (51 reputation)Junior Member (51 reputation)Junior Member (51 reputation)Junior Member (51 reputation)Junior Member (51 reputation)Junior Member (51 reputation)Junior Member (51 reputation)Junior Member (51 reputation)

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)
Copy the XML files to the new location, choose to remove them from Reflect (keep the option to delete the file and associated schedules), then use the Add icon to reimport them at their new location. You will need to recreate any schedules.
Suchafan
Suchafan
Wouldn't it be easier to just recreate all of those XML backups, saving their new XML file to the new location?
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)
Suchafan - 17 August 2023 1:27 AM
Wouldn't it be easier to just recreate all of those XML backups, saving their new XML file to the new location?

Not really. Option #1 (my suggestion) is to copy some files, add them to Reflect, and recreate any associated schedules. Option #2 (yours) involves stepping through the wizard multiple times to recreate all of your jobs from scratch, which would include adjusting any desired Advanced Options, specifying all data sources, customizing any include/exclude filters, specifying your retention policies -- and also having to recreate your schedules as with Option #1. But if Option #2 is more appealing, then it would work.

Suchafan
Suchafan
I guess there might be an even easier Option #3. That would be to leave them where they currently reside and performing an automated scheduled backup there. ;-)
Once again... THANK YOU very much for your wisdom in Reflect!! It is greatly appreciated, jphughan!!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search