How Do I Enter My Support Key?

Author
therealsimpsons
New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Just purchased and installed version 8. Found a phone # to call for help. Called and selected Option 2 for technical support. The robot said, before I can transfer you, I need you to enter your support key. Searched through everything sent to me post-purchase. Meanwhile, the robot hung up on me twice because I didn't enter the item I was searching for. (nothing easy..such as.."if you need to look for it, push 1, and when you're ready to enter, push 2", or something like that). Finally called with the number I found. Entered 77 for the first two digits of the key, which are SP, and then the rest of the number. "Not recognized". Now what?

Joe Allen
Joe Allen
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi @therealsimpsons

The support key should be included in the same document as your license key. It should be a 7-digit number which will be used to access the support line. 

If your key is SP1234567, then you will need to enter: 1234567 when prompted.

If your support key is linked to a home license key then it will not connect you through to support. Only commercial users will be passed through to support.

If you submit a ticket via our help desk, then you can enter this license key to ensure a response within 24 hours during business hours.

Kind Regards

Joe A

Macrium Support Team

Next Webinar

See our reviews on

Trustpilot Logo
Trustpilot Stars

mark543
mark543
New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)
Joe Allen - 7 August 2023 4:30 PM
Hi @therealsimpsons

The support key should be included in the same document as your license key. It should be a 7-digit number which will be used to access the support line. 

If your support key is linked to a home license key then it will not connect you through to support. Only commercial users will be passed through to support.

If you submit a ticket via our help desk, then you can enter this license key to ensure a response within 24 hours during business hours.

If that phone number is not useful for a home license you should say that next to the phone number; I am sure you are frustrating a lot of people, me for one.
Kenneth Goodwin
Kenneth Goodwin
New Member (39 reputation)New Member (39 reputation)New Member (39 reputation)New Member (39 reputation)New Member (39 reputation)New Member (39 reputation)New Member (39 reputation)New Member (39 reputation)New Member (39 reputation)New Member (39 reputation)
Hi @therealsimpsons

Kenneth Goodwin
Kenneth Goodwin
New Member (39 reputation)New Member (39 reputation)New Member (39 reputation)New Member (39 reputation)New Member (39 reputation)New Member (39 reputation)New Member (39 reputation)New Member (39 reputation)New Member (39 reputation)New Member (39 reputation)
Where is this help desk??  The big picture to my problem is that I can't access any support without accessing some account and every attempt I make is unsuccessful.  My password database (35 pages of passwords that is encrypted) has a password for "Account & Support Forum" but that I should "Access account thru program"  If I try from within the program to "Submit Case to Macrium Reflect Support", I get a page that immediately asks for "Support Case Number supplied by Macrium Support".  A classic example of an infinite DO loop as us old guys use to describe the process.  I have 20 pages of screen dumps documenting my various problems in seeking support, so I have obviously lost control of the situation.  I have been able to gain access to https://manage.macrium.com but guess what?   NO mechanism to obtain support. It will tell me my registration keys back to Version 6 but no means to access support.  I am actually lost as to how I even got here!!  The 617-682-9047 US Customer Support asks for the support key which I did find in the 30 pages of print outs I now have - another dead path.  The US Sales & Support number 347-565-5912 must be sales personnel because they are only open Monday - Friday, 8 AM to 4 PM Mountain Standard Time.  Time to give up, I've lost three hours of my life that I'll never get back.  I will wait until 1500 UTC on Monday, November 27, 2023 to call the Denver (??) support number and see if they can tell me how to access support.  I had such a trivial question, what do I do with the new registration numbers I purchased?  Ken Goodwin  Email: [email protected]
Kenneth Goodwin
Kenneth Goodwin
Kenneth Goodwin - 25 November 2023 6:50 AM
Where is this help desk??  The big picture to my problem is that I can't access any support without accessing some account and every attempt I make is unsuccessful.  My password database (35 pages of passwords that is encrypted) has a password for "Account & Support Forum" but that I should "Access account thru program"  If I try from within the program to "Submit Case to Macrium Reflect Support", I get a page that immediately asks for "Support Case Number supplied by Macrium Support".  A classic example of an infinite DO loop as us old guys use to describe the process.  I have 20 pages of screen dumps documenting my various problems in seeking support, so I have obviously lost control of the situation.  I have been able to gain access to https://manage.macrium.com but guess what?   NO mechanism to obtain support. It will tell me my registration keys back to Version 6 but no means to access support.  I am actually lost as to how I even got here!!  The 617-682-9047 US Customer Support asks for the support key which I did find in the 30 pages of print outs I now have - another dead path.  The US Sales & Support number 347-565-5912 must be sales personnel because they are only open Monday - Friday, 8 AM to 4 PM Mountain Standard Time.  Time to give up, I've lost three hours of my life that I'll never get back.  I will wait until 1500 UTC on Monday, November 27, 2023 to call the Denver (??) support number and see if they can tell me how to access support.  I had such a trivial question, what do I do with the new registration numbers I purchased?  Ken Goodwin  Email: [email protected]

Kenneth Goodwin
Kenneth Goodwin
Postmortem – After spending another considerable effort on my problem, I now have three accounts that never existed before even though I’ve been using Macrium Reflect (Home Edition ??) for over 10 years. Guess I was completely asleep at the wheel. The only problems I’ve had over the years (until this) were update/revision mistakes by Macrium (only three that I can remember). In short, Macrium has never had an issue for me that wasn’t created by Macrium and those have essentially been non-existent.

The three accounts that seem to provide the desired support I thought I had to which I’ll claim I was never notified of are as follows:
Macrium Reflect https://manage.macrium.com/
Macrium Support Portal https://help.macrium.com/
Macrium User Forum https://forum.macrium.com/
So, I think I am now a happy camper only having lost 5 hours of my life trying to figure out where I fell off the wagon and having a pile of screen dumps with password doesn’t match email, email address is already in use and similar error messages for a long time customer who up until this has been extremely happy with the product. Whoever is reading this diatribe should make the obvious conclusion – Operator Error.

therealsimpsons
therealsimpsons
New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)
Hi @therealsimpsons

therealsimpsons
therealsimpsons
Joe,
I purchased this program in August because I was informed that you would no longer support the free home edition. To date: repeat: To date, I have never been able to use it because

1) your answer to my original post was incorrect. 2) there is NO video or written tutorial ANWWHERE I can find in the frickin' universe that gives non-computer people, such as me, step by step instruction on 1) how to use the program to make back up image as advertised - what things to check, etc. and 2) how to use the back up in case of a crash. Which is why I bought the program. I have NEVER been able to use it. How about some instructions and support, not tossing off a reply that I have no idea what it means.
Drac144
Drac144
Master
Master (1.7K reputation)Master (1.7K reputation)Master (1.7K reputation)Master (1.7K reputation)Master (1.7K reputation)Master (1.7K reputation)Master (1.7K reputation)Master (1.7K reputation)Master (1.7K reputation)Master (1.7K reputation)
You can get the support you are looking for on this forum.  

Just ask a specific question and include details of what you have tried (if any).  You can also check the knowledgebase articles which do have some details on how to perform basic operations.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search