Monitor sleepitis

Author
PCSleepitis
New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Windows 10 pro 32 Bit. Old hardware '09, can share details in private but not in public, not wanting to encourage the scum who hack the internet.
Rescue media, both a registered version on CD, made just week ago, and the freeware one on USB drive, made before i subscribed and paid for the use of the software.
Ok I manage to get the Win PE / M acrium system booted, from the CD. Then as it was in the middle of fixing the C drive, the screen goes blank with the message 'No Signal'. To get the screen back i have to reboot! Obviously screwing up the entire thing!
After several tries just selecting the saved disk-image, on my backup drive, causes the screen to go blank.
Since both of these media bring on the same Monitor problem, is it possible that there is a bug/hacker code on my PC C drive that is doing this?

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)
The Rescue Media is a completely independent, self-contained OS environment. It does not have any dependencies on your main Windows environment, nor will it load components of it. Purely in theory, if a hacker infiltrated Reflect’s Rescue Media creation process to induce it to inject malware into the media it created and then could be sure that your system had network connectivity in Rescue, then they could access that environment. But the likelihood of that is so low as to be practically zero. It sounds to me like you either have a driver issue within Rescue, a display cable connectivity issue, or a display issue. If you want to completely rule out the possibility of any remote connections to Rescue, then click the computer icon in the lower-right corner and make sure you’re not connected to any WiFi networks, and also disconnect your Ethernet cable if applicable.

Additionally, losing the display signal does not necessarily mean that the Rescue environment itself is no longer running.

Another suggestion would be to create new Rescue Media in case any relevant bugs have been fixed since whatever unspecified version of Reflect and WinPE/RE your current Rescue Media is using, and also because the paid version of Reflect and therefore the Rescue Media it creates has features that aren’t available in Rescue Media created by Reflect Free. One such feature is Rapid Delta Restore, which can save quite a bit of time on restore operations in many scenarios.
Edited 6 August 2023 5:29 PM by jphughan
PCSleepitis
PCSleepitis
New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)
Cables are fine, tested with another NEW Samsung Monitor. On it the screen goes into another sort of thing, but ends up the same, 'no signal'.
Too, my original post, which contained all that, was rejected by your bot, something of gobbldegook about gobbledegook.
Now researching this MS exe file 'powercfg. e x e ' in order to CMD Screen off of Macrium rescue CD OS and batch file the screen to stay on permanently. As in;
powercfg.exe -x -monitor-timeout-ac 0
powercfg.exe -x -monitor-timeout-dc 0
powercfg.exe -x -disk-timeout-ac 0
powercfg.exe -x -disk-timeout-dc 0
powercfg.exe -x -standby-timeout-ac 0
powercfg.exe -x -standby-timeout-dc 0
powercfg.exe -x -hibernate-timeout-ac 0
powercfg.exe -x -hibernate-timeout-dc 0
Macriu m might consider putting that into the boot commands on rescue media so that these Russian and other hackers have to go another fifty pages of code to get around it, my suggestion.

PCSleepitis
PCSleepitis
Eventually after 2 days of hell, I manage to overcome the hacker / bully. I will not explain what I had to do, as that will only empower these scumbags! to create more user blocking code with which to inflict harm to netizens. Only if I know you very well, and everything about you, family, SS no etc will I share what needs doing if you are infected with 'sleepitis.
Just to add that Macrium did everything it is supposed to do, and this is a net scam / not part of the backup program.

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)
Glad to hear that you accomplished what you needed, although with regard to your attributed underlying cause, I think you might be wearing your tinfoil hat a bit too tightly. Smile
PCSleepitis
PCSleepitis
Thank you :0) Super, and accurate diagnosis because I now discover some out of date drivers on my system. Again not sharing in public as I suspect the cracker / criminals may be able to use it.

The tin hat idea is funny but inaccurate.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search