Scheduled backups and windows is sleeping

Author
Frank Esposito
Advanced Member
Advanced Member (503 reputation)Advanced Member (503 reputation)Advanced Member (503 reputation)Advanced Member (503 reputation)Advanced Member (503 reputation)Advanced Member (503 reputation)Advanced Member (503 reputation)Advanced Member (503 reputation)Advanced Member (503 reputation)Advanced Member (503 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello — I have 2 backup jobs scheduled for 6p and 6:30p. The first is an image back the second is a file/folder backup. From time to time, I will have the laptop in “sleep” states and it is “sleeping” at the noted job start times. When I wake up the laptop, say at 7p, I would think that the jobs would start right away, but that does not seem to be the case.

From the reflect UI I can see in the “status” column in the “scheduled backup” screen that the jobs are “in progress” but I can’t see any activity. The backups seem to eventually run, but I have not timed from the time I woke up the laptop to when they started — Is there a reason for this delay?
capair45
capair45
Macrium Hero
Macrium Hero (2.8K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.8K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.8K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.8K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.8K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.8K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.8K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.8K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.8K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.8K reputation)
For clarity, the backups do eventually run but your expectation is that they should start immediately after you wake the computer.  Is that correct? 

EDIT:  The KB indicates this concerning missed scheduled backups, "a task can be missed if the computer is turned off or in a hibernation state. If this condition is selected, the next available opportunity the task will execute".  Perhaps the computer is busy with other processes when waking from sleep (just a guess).

Windows 10 Home (22H2)  Build 19045.4046 (Desktop)
Windows 11 Home (22H2)  Build 22621.1992  (Laptop)
Macrium Reflect 8.1.7847

Edited 17 July 2023 2:00 PM by capair45
Frank Esposito
Frank Esposito
Advanced Member
Advanced Member (503 reputation)Advanced Member (503 reputation)Advanced Member (503 reputation)Advanced Member (503 reputation)Advanced Member (503 reputation)Advanced Member (503 reputation)Advanced Member (503 reputation)Advanced Member (503 reputation)Advanced Member (503 reputation)Advanced Member (503 reputation)
capair45 - 17 July 2023 1:52 PM
For clarity, the backups do eventually run but your expectation is that they should start immediately after you wake the computer.  Is that correct? 

EDIT:  The KB indicates this concerning missed scheduled backups, "a task can be missed if the computer is turned off or in a hibernation state. If this condition is selected, the next available opportunity the task will execute".  Perhaps the computer is busy with other processes when waking from sleep (just a guess).

yes  -- that is correct --- I did expect it to run asa
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search