Microsoft Scheduler and Daylight Savings Time

Author
dbminter
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
For those who use the Microsoft Scheduler and have encountered the schedules not running because of Daylight Savings Time changes, a new update to Windows 11 might be of interest to you.

Supposedly, in the next update release, which is now available as a Preview, Microsoft has a bug fix to address scheduled task issues with Daylight Savings Time.  Whether this will actually address any issues with it, of course, remains to be seen.  This update will probably be rolled into the next Patch Tuesday release the 2nd Tuesday of July.

As far as I'm concerned, it's too little too late.  For like over 5 years, I submitted bug reports to Microsoft over this and they failed to address it.  So long that Macrium even developed their own scheduling engine to get around their issues.  So, I'll stick with Macrium's since it, well, WORKS!  I've also deleted most of my Scheduled Tasks for other things since they weren't working either and just relied on a calendar reminder in Thunderbird to let me know to do them.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search