Email messages are sent if a disabled scheduled backup has been missed

Email messages are sent if a disabled scheduled backup has been missed...
Author
Pim
Expert
Expert (849 reputation)Expert (849 reputation)Expert (849 reputation)Expert (849 reputation)Expert (849 reputation)Expert (849 reputation)Expert (849 reputation)Expert (849 reputation)Expert (849 reputation)Expert (849 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I know that Reflect sends a message when a scheduled backup has been missed and that this can be disabled in the Email settings. However, I am wondering whether this is expected behaviour or a bug. I also wonder whether such messages should be sent when a schedule has been disabled, which is the case in v8.1.7544, as I just discovered. On the one hand one could argue that by sending emails when a schedule is disabled it sends a warning about that fact. On the other hand disabling a schedule is usually done on purpose. If messages are then still sent the user could miss messages about enabled schedules that actually were missed, because the user becomes accustomed to receiving and ignoring them, because most of these messages come from schedules that have been disabled. I think I am in the latter camp: I would like the missed schedule messages not to be sent when I have disabled a schedule.

Joe Allen
Joe Allen
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)Macrium Representative (706 reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi @pimjoosten

I have not been able to replicate this.

Can you please expand on the config for your scheduled backups and the config for the email settings? Are you using the Macrium Task Scheduler or the Windows task scheduler?

Are you sure that you are receiving the emails from the disabled scheduled task and not another scheduled task? 

Kind Regards

Joe A

Macrium Support Team

Next Webinar

See our reviews on

Trustpilot Logo
Trustpilot Stars

Edited 21 June 2023 11:44 AM by Joe Allen
Pim
Pim
Expert
Expert (849 reputation)Expert (849 reputation)Expert (849 reputation)Expert (849 reputation)Expert (849 reputation)Expert (849 reputation)Expert (849 reputation)Expert (849 reputation)Expert (849 reputation)Expert (849 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi @JoeA,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I am sure the emails are from disabled tasks. I had this issue when I prepared for a test upgrade on my HTPC with Windows 7 to Windows 10. On June 18 at 08:43, I first made an image of the regular installation and then made some adjustments to that installation as a preparation for the upgrade. One of these adjustments was disabling all scheduled tasks in Macrium so it would not conflict with the regular installation. After having made all adjustments I made another (full) image (June 18, 12:06). Because I did not have enough time to do the actual Windows 10 upgrade I restored the image of the regular installation. The next morning (June 19) I restored the full image of the adjusted Windows 7 installation to continue the upgrade and that is the moment and the installation I received the emails from, even though all scheduled tasks were disabled. I just (June 21) tested restoring the pre-upgrade image of the adjusted installation again and I immediately received the emails again.

I have attached a screenshot of the scheduled backups on the adjusted installation. What is noteworthy, now that I take a closer look, is that I only received emails for the missed tasks “Actueel dagelijks Beebox image (Win7)” and “Dagelijkse Discovery documentenbackup”, but not for “Mini HTPC bureaubladbackup” which was scheduled (but disabled) for Sunday the 18th at 20:05. Looking at the conditions for these schedules there are some differences between the various schedules in the Conditions (e.g. Run task as soon as possible after a schedules start is missed).

All scheduled tasks have “Send email notification on failure” and “Include skipped scheduled backups” enabled and this installation uses Macrium Task Scheduler.

Today I have also tried adding a one-time schedule for an image and immediately disabling it. For that new schedule no missed backup email was sent. I have no clue what exactly happens, but I can reproduce it by restoring an image.

Let me know if you need any further information.

Best regards,

Pim

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search