ViBoot Corrupts system

Author
RayG
Expert
Expert (649 reputation)Expert (649 reputation)Expert (649 reputation)Expert (649 reputation)Expert (649 reputation)Expert (649 reputation)Expert (649 reputation)Expert (649 reputation)Expert (649 reputation)Expert (649 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I Installed ViBoot and as reported previously when I came to shutdown the VM it got stuck at the Shutdown Screen. I then turned off the VM using Hyper-V.

I did not delete the VM in ViBoot
I then went to shutdown the system and was presented with a blue screen BAD_POOL_CALLER
I tried restarting and had the same error so I restarted and logged in a a different user - one with admin privs
I tried to uninstall ViBoot and the uninstaller told me the SCSI driver was in use and exited
I started safe mode to uninstall ViBoot but you cannot use the windows installer in safe mode.
I then restarted and went to computer management and uninstalled the Macrium SCSI driver
On the next reboot I got another blue screen DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL
When it restarted another blue screen DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
and on an auto restart following the previous crash yet another DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL
Then on that restart we were into...  your PC needs a repair and at that point I gave up.

I did image the system disk before doing a restore to a working system disk.

What if any imformation would be useful from that image? Full instructions please.

Regards
RayG
Windows10 Pro X64 V21H2 B19044.1889 MR v8.0.66867

JamieW
JamieW
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (456 reputation)Macrium Representative (456 reputation)Macrium Representative (456 reputation)Macrium Representative (456 reputation)Macrium Representative (456 reputation)Macrium Representative (456 reputation)Macrium Representative (456 reputation)Macrium Representative (456 reputation)Macrium Representative (456 reputation)Macrium Representative (456 reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Ryan,

Thank you for your post.

Sorry that you experienced this issue. We will endeavor to get to the bottom of it as quickly as possible.

If you can mount the image of the system disk that you took before restoring using Macrium Reflect, the \Windows\minidump folder should contain a few files with .DMP extensions  and names that includes the date and time of the crashes.

There will also be a file called viBoot.log in the root folder of that image.

If you could send us these files via http://www.macrium.com/support.aspx#tickets, they should help us to pinpoint what caused the blue screen errors.

Kind Regards,
Jamie – Macrium Support

Kind Regards

Jamie

Macrium Development

Next Webinar

See our reviews on

Trustpilot Logo
Trustpilot Stars

RayG
RayG
Expert
Expert (649 reputation)Expert (649 reputation)Expert (649 reputation)Expert (649 reputation)Expert (649 reputation)Expert (649 reputation)Expert (649 reputation)Expert (649 reputation)Expert (649 reputation)Expert (649 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Two of four files posted to support

Regards
RayG
Windows10 Pro X64 V21H2 B19044.1889 MR v8.0.66867

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login