Redeploy to Xen or QEMU/KVM virtual machine

Author
MDM
New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have Windows XP sp3 running on a  motherboard with an Intel 3420 PCH. The Windows XP installation is on a RAID10 disk array. Can Reflect be used to migrate the installation to a virtual machine with either Xen or QEMU/KVM? I have seen old documentation for Citrix Xen and Proxmox. My preferred host is Debian 11.

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I don’t see why not, as long as you run ReDeploy within the VM environment. You might need to have XP-compatible drivers for the hypervisor’s virtual hardware available to feed the ReDeploy wizard though. I’m not sure since I haven’t worked with those hypervisors. Maybe check their documentation about XP compatibility and see whether it has native support for the hardware they emulate or whether you’re expected to install something. Or maybe ReDeploy can get XP booting from base hardware drivers and you can install additional software within the OS, as you would in a clean install scenario.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search