Frequency of agent-based rescue media rebuilds

Author
NJK-Work
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (324 reputation)Proficient Member (324 reputation)Proficient Member (324 reputation)Proficient Member (324 reputation)Proficient Member (324 reputation)Proficient Member (324 reputation)Proficient Member (324 reputation)Proficient Member (324 reputation)Proficient Member (324 reputation)Proficient Member (324 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
I am curious as to what logic is used to determine when agent-based rescue media report "out of date" and require rebuilding.  I last re-built the media on 3-13-2023 (as verified by the date stamp on the ISO files on the SM server) and as of earlier this week it was already reporting "out of date" for all of them, except the "generic" one.

None of the servers have received any patches (OS or otherwise) or have received any hardware updates such as new drivers, firmware, or otherwise.  This is ongoing issue - they continually report needing updates after I rebuild them.  Typically, I rebuild after an agent update.  But about a week or so after that, it reports rebuilding is needed again.

So, I am curious as to what is the trigger for this to show as "out of date".

Thanks
NK
Alex
Alex
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (610 reputation)Macrium Representative (610 reputation)Macrium Representative (610 reputation)Macrium Representative (610 reputation)Macrium Representative (610 reputation)Macrium Representative (610 reputation)Macrium Representative (610 reputation)Macrium Representative (610 reputation)Macrium Representative (610 reputation)Macrium Representative (610 reputation)
Group: Macrium Moderators
NJK-Work - 24 March 2023 8:58 PM
I am curious as to what logic is used to determine when agent-based rescue media report "out of date" and require rebuilding.  I last re-built the media on 3-13-2023 (as verified by the date stamp on the ISO files on the SM server) and as of earlier this week it was already reporting "out of date" for all of them, except the "generic" one.

None of the servers have received any patches (OS or otherwise) or have received any hardware updates such as new drivers, firmware, or otherwise.  This is ongoing issue - they continually report needing updates after I rebuild them.  Typically, I rebuild after an agent update.  But about a week or so after that, it reports rebuilding is needed again.

So, I am curious as to what is the trigger for this to show as "out of date".

Thanks
NK

Hi NK,

The Rescue Media should only ever need updating if Site Manager has been updated and the Rescue Media have been built from an older Site Manager version. This is because the Reflect executables from the agent installer are embedded in the rescue media and each release of Site Manager has a new version of the agent, usually pulling in any bug fixes from the Reflect team. If there are any major hardware changes that require new drivers, that might be a reason to rebuild the rescue media, but it's not something we detect automatically.

Also, it's not necessary to build rescue media until you need it - the Site Manager Agent will automatically send any static IP information and drivers up to the server, which caches it locally. This means that you can build rescue media for a computer without that computer being online.

Kind Regards,

Alex

Macrium Development

Next Webinar

See our reviews on

Trustpilot Logo
Trustpilot Stars

NJK-Work
NJK-Work
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (324 reputation)Proficient Member (324 reputation)Proficient Member (324 reputation)Proficient Member (324 reputation)Proficient Member (324 reputation)Proficient Member (324 reputation)Proficient Member (324 reputation)Proficient Member (324 reputation)Proficient Member (324 reputation)Proficient Member (324 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
OK thank you.

I think there is a bug in the code then, because nothing has changed on my end.  I installed no patches or hardware updates or did a Macrium Site Manager update.

Just passing that along.  No need to reply.
NK
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search