Bad forum structure!

Author
mbackup
New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Bad forum structure!
Missing a "Release" point. The Moderator then create sub thread like "8.1.7336" and so on.
The intention will be to discuss the software problems that are currently floating in all possible places, ex. Disk Imaging, Disk Clone, File and Folder backup, Installation and so on.
Totally hopeless structure and not professional in any way, just messed up!
There is a lack of a forum moderator who moves all the misplaced threads to the right places.

Edited 8 February 2023 4:31 PM by mbackup
Danskeman
Danskeman
Expert
Expert (750 reputation)Expert (750 reputation)Expert (750 reputation)Expert (750 reputation)Expert (750 reputation)Expert (750 reputation)Expert (750 reputation)Expert (750 reputation)Expert (750 reputation)Expert (750 reputation)
mbackup - 8 February 2023 1:46 PM
Bad forum structure!
Missing a "Release" point. The Moderator creates sub thread like "8.1.7336" and so on.
The intention will be to discuss the software problems that are currently floating in all possible places, ex. Disk Imaging, Disk Clone, File and Folder backup, Installation and so on.
Totally hopeless and not professional in any way, just messed up!
There is a lack of a forum moderator who moves all the misplaced threads to the right places.
Sorry to say, this structure look like some cheap home software.

What on earth are you talking about?

Your rant looks like "some cheap home software booze" has addled your brain.
mbackup
mbackup
New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)
Made a little correction to the originally one. But my point is the forum is is messy.
Maybe it not a problem if Macrium was bug free:-) and the only thing for discussion was how to do my "image" or howto do my "picture backup" Remember to place both question in the right thread. But Macrium is not bug free and therefore there are missing a release thread.

Drac144
Drac144
Master
Master (1.7K reputation)Master (1.7K reputation)Master (1.7K reputation)Master (1.7K reputation)Master (1.7K reputation)Master (1.7K reputation)Master (1.7K reputation)Master (1.7K reputation)Master (1.7K reputation)Master (1.7K reputation)
I think what MBACKUP is saying that posts about problems with the new release are scattered around in various forum categories.  Having ONE category - maybe named New Version - to include all such posts would make it easier for users to stay informed.  That seems reasonable to me.
Danskeman
Danskeman
Expert
Expert (750 reputation)Expert (750 reputation)Expert (750 reputation)Expert (750 reputation)Expert (750 reputation)Expert (750 reputation)Expert (750 reputation)Expert (750 reputation)Expert (750 reputation)Expert (750 reputation)
Drac144 - 8 February 2023 7:34 PM
I think what MBACKUP is saying that posts about problems with the new release are scattered around in various forum categories.  Having ONE category - maybe named New Version - to include all such posts would make it easier for users to stay informed.  That seems reasonable to me.

You will just end up with a category with lots of different issues and be a bigger mess to follow.
Drac144
Drac144
Master
Master (1.7K reputation)Master (1.7K reputation)Master (1.7K reputation)Master (1.7K reputation)Master (1.7K reputation)Master (1.7K reputation)Master (1.7K reputation)Master (1.7K reputation)Master (1.7K reputation)Master (1.7K reputation)
Danskeman,

Does that assume Reflect will continue to have a lot of issues with errors in new releases?

Besides, doesn't EVERY current category have a lot of different threads?

If there was a main category (at the same level as Wish List) called New Version Issues.  There could be ONE subheading for each release (based on the last for digits of the version, for example).  Then all the discussion of issues could be under that.  OR there could be multiple subheadings one for each issue in the release (starting with the 4 digits - like 7175) with a specific issue: 7175 - blue screen. that makes it easy to find all of the issues in one place instead of scattered over multiple top level headings. 

I believe that Macrium can come up with a meaningful layout for this.  I also believe that users will still mess that up by posting in other sections DESPITE having the new category.  Heck, some people are still posting in the V7 forum with V8 issues.
dbminter
dbminter
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)
I admit, even I have accidentally posted a V8 issue in the V7 section.  Smile

Danskeman
Danskeman
Expert
Drac144 - 9 February 2023 11:59 PM
Danskeman,

Does that assume Reflect will continue to have a lot of issues with errors in new releases?

Besides, doesn't EVERY current category have a lot of different threads?

If there was a main category (at the same level as Wish List) called New Version Issues.  There could be ONE subheading for each release (based on the last for digits of the version, for example).  Then all the discussion of issues could be under that.  OR there could be multiple subheadings one for each issue in the release (starting with the 4 digits - like 7175) with a specific issue: 7175 - blue screen. that makes it easy to find all of the issues in one place instead of scattered over multiple top level headings. 

I believe that Macrium can come up with a meaningful layout for this.  I also believe that users will still mess that up by posting in other sections DESPITE having the new category.  Heck, some people are still posting in the V7 forum with V8 issues.

I just do not buy these arguments - the forum has been fine for years - I see no need to redesign it just because a few people (newcomers probably) do not understand the layout.  I see no benefit to these changes.
Drac144
Drac144
Master
Danskeman,

I acknowledge your opinion as being valid based on your experiences on this forum.  My experience is that posts on the same subject wind up under different top level headings.  I think there is an opportunity to improve the forum experience FOR ME by adding a couple of new top level categories.  Unfortunately, it would also be necessary to move posts that occur under the wrong topic so they are where they should appear.  And that may take more time than Macrium is willing to expend.
Edited 11 February 2023 10:42 PM by Drac144
Fulghumjd
Fulghumjd
New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)
I believe the key point is missing the Moderator The Moderator can help to determine the areas of the that it should be posted and respond back to the poste person recommending the area for the post where it belongs. Yes this requires a turnaround time period of a delay but it improves the encyclopedia so to speak to be more accurate. Only a human can do this today one day AI can do this function of a human. The English language or any language can be the varied in the words making it ambiguous. Thus the need for a moderator.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search