Backup filename macros ({IMAGEID} alternatives)

Author
localNAS
New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I apologize if this is in the wrong forum but it seemed like the best fit.

Are there any other macros / placeholders that can be used in the "backup filename" field in a definition file? I saw in another sub that there are other options like {YYYY} or {BACKUPTYPE} but those aren't working. I'm guessing those are limited to v8 and beyond. I'd like to make my backup filenames a little more intuitive.

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Those were added with Reflect V8, which allows you to use any combination of Image ID, dynamic parameters, and static text. On V7, your only option is to use an Image ID or to provide a custom static text string; you cannot combine them. Reflect will add a number to that string if the file name resulting from the specified string is already in use at the destination, but if you want more control over file naming than that without going to V8, you would have to look into using external scripting to build the desired file name and then modify the XML file to store that string before calling Reflect to run the backup. I provided example script to do this for a somewhat different purpose here. If you know PowerShell, you might be able to use that as a reference and adapt it to your needs. Or of course you can upgrade to V8 if it already has the parameters you want to use.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search