Problem Imaging a 4tb drive to a Western Digital Cloud Server

Author
kmanglos@hotmail.com
New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
Hi 

I tried imaging a 4tb harddrive (just a storage drive) on my Win 10 system which has 2.2 GB of data. It keeps asking for another location to continue the backup. The backup is going to WD Cloud Server on my network with an 8TB disk basically with 7.7 TB  free. It goes all the way till 1.67 TB and then asks for a continuation location. I only want the backup on this location. Also I note that Windows Explorer is showing only 1.69 TB free.

I did successfully image my OS drive fine to same server-file size was 225gb

I have the home version of Reflect (Purchased 4 home computer pack) updated to latest version.

Note: I am trying to replace my Acronis Backup from 2018 which was having issues with incremental backups and different drive backups. It did not have this issue.

Thanks

Kurt Manglos
Drac144
Drac144
Master
Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Could you post a copy of the LOG file for the above backup so we can see what is going on?  You can cut/paste the log file contents into your post. 

Just to be clear, is your backup going to an actual drive? You typically cannot send backups directly to a cloud drive (there is usually a small folder on a local drive that is the interchange between the local computer and the cloud). If that is the case your LOCAL drive needs to be large enough to hold the whole backup while it is being moved to the cloud.
[email protected]
kmanglos@hotmail.com
New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)
Hi Guru

It's a physical hard drive in my West Dig My CloudEx2 Ultra. 8TB Hard Drive-totally empty except for some folders (Note: recently formatted before backup). There is another 8TB hard Drive but this is for Daily/Weekly Backups and that has worked fine although I didn't try to create a large backup like this. 

Also I am trying a File & Folder backup now. I'll let you know if this fails.

Below is log file

Image ID - D70B15BAA0BD4ED3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Imaging Summary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Backup Definition File: D:\Users\kurt\Documents\Reflect\Image-Gdrv.xml
Auto Verify: N
Verify File System: Y
Maximum File Size: Automatic
Compression: Medium
Password: N
Intelligent Copy: Y
Power Saving: N
Email On Success: N
Email On Warning: Y
Recipients: [email protected]
Email On Failure: Y
Total Selected: 2.22 TB
Current Time: 1/3/2023 4:02:40 PM

Destination
Backup Type: Full
File Name: \\MYCLOUDEX2ULTRA\Kurt_2\PC10\D70B15BAA0BD4ED3-PC10-GDrv-Img-00-00.mrimg
Attempting to connect to: '\\MYCLOUDEX2ULTRA\Kurt_2\PC10'
Successfully connected

Operation 1 of 2
Hard Disk: 2
Drive Letter: N/A
File System: Unformatted
Label:
Size: 128.0 MB
Free: 0 B
Used: 128.0 MB

Operation 2 of 2
Hard Disk: 2
Drive Letter: G
Volume: \??\Volume{4d376e1e-b433-43b4-8896-4cda36748e2d}
File System: NTFS
Label: Seagate4TB
Size: 3.64 TB
Free: 1.42 TB
Used: 2.22 TB

Starting Image - Tuesday, January 3, 2023 4:02 PM
Initializing
Destination Drive: Free Space 300.52 GB
Creating Volume Snapshot - Please Wait
Volume Snapshots Created

Verifying
G:\ \??\Volume{4d376e1e-b433-43b4-8896-4cda36748e2d}

Saving Partition - <NO NAME>
Reading File System Bitmap
Saving Partition

Saving Partition - Seagate4TB (GSmile
Reading File System Bitmap
Saving Partition
New File: 1.69 TB D70B15BAA0BD4ED3-PC10-GDrv-Img-00-00.mrimg
No space on destination.

Gathering Windows Events - Please Wait

Email Notifications
Email notification sent

I/O Performance: Read 2.3 Gb/s - Write 771.5 Mb/s

Operation Cancelled

Thx Kurt
Edited 4 January 2023 9:23 PM by [email protected]
dbminter
dbminter
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (7.4K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.4K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.4K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.4K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.4K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.4K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.4K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.4K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.4K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.4K reputation)
You might want to edit that last log post to remove the Reflect license key at the end.

Drac144
Drac144
Master
Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)Master (1.6K reputation)
Kurt,

The log file says:
Destination Drive: Free Space 300.52 GB

It also says (for your G drive):
Used: 2.22 TB

And then later:
New File: 1.69 TB D70B15BAA0BD4ED3-PC10-GDrv-Img-00-00.mrimg

You cannot put 1.69 TB into 400 GB. 

So what you are telling us about the free space on the destination and the size of the drive to backup are not what Reflect is actually seeing!

dbminter
dbminter
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (7.4K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.4K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.4K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.4K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.4K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.4K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.4K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.4K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.4K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.4K reputation)
I have to wonder if a CHKDSK should be performed on the source and target partitions.  I don't know this for sure, but it seems a bit odd to gather Windows events at the end of an aborted backup if the problem is simply just too much space being backed up to too little space.  However, as Drac said, I'd also first simply check to make sure there is the reported amount of free space in File Explorer on the target and what the reported amount of backed up information size is.

[email protected]
kmanglos@hotmail.com
Hi 

The Drive has 8TB no matter what you see in your log file. The File & Folder backup is working right now but it is showing usage over 95%. Let me see what happens. This is not a disk I can run chkdsk on. 

The File & Folder backup on a similar drive is just finishing. I'll send results in a few minutes. This was on a 2.02 backup.

Thx
Kurt
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)
@[email protected] This sounds somewhat similar to this thread that began a day before yours.

[email protected]
kmanglos@hotmail.com
Hi

Sorry all my problem. I had created a Share on drive but I put it too wrong volume. Please forgive me. When I created new volume for this drive I thought it was going to Drive 1 instead Drive 2 .

Thanks for your RAPID Response!!!

I appreciate it!

Kurt

[email protected]
kmanglos@hotmail.com
Hi

BTW I was not using a spanned volume but just a JBOD (ie. Just a bunch of Drives). And I mixed up volumes number.

Thx

Kurt

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search