install not working at all

Author
louisv
New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
hi, 

impossible to use the downloader, it just flashes really fast on the screen and disappears. impossible to read.
windows 10
help

louis

Tags
Gork
Gork
Guru
Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)
Possibly try temporarily disabling antivirus type software before downloading AND before running the EXE?  Right click on the downloader and look at the popup window to make sure it isn't blocked?  (I've found that new downloads are sometimes blocked and I have to authorize them.)  Verify the MD5 and the security information for the download?  Beyond that the only idea I personally have, if it's a possibility, is to download the downloader to a different computer and copy the file over to the computer you're trying to run it on and try that.
louisv
louisv
New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)
Thanks gork, will try that.
Louis
louisv
louisv
Ok, problem solved !

To anyone having this flash then disappear downloader problem (windows 10 home):

-Start the "windows compatibility troubleshooter"
-When asked what Windows version this program has worked with before, check the "I don't know" box !

Bingo ! the program finally stayed still and I downloaded the files. (After having tryied Windows 7 and 8, I realized I did not know, so I checked the box that was closest to the truth...)

Hope this helps someone.

Gork
Gork
Guru
Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)
Thanks for posting back.  There was another poster who reported something similar recently so I'm wondering if this is going to become a bigger problem over time.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search