Create Backups>Scripts - All buttons greyed out

Author
Patrick O'Keefe
Expert
Expert (879 reputation)Expert (879 reputation)Expert (879 reputation)Expert (879 reputation)Expert (879 reputation)Expert (879 reputation)Expert (879 reputation)Expert (879 reputation)Expert (879 reputation)Expert (879 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
The buttons in the Create Backups>Scripts tab are greyed out unless there is a script (generated by the local Reflect, I guess) in the Reflect definition file.  Feeble assumption based on Macrium registry records: there has to be at least one script file in Reflect's Recent File List registry records.  This makes it very difficult to add (rather than create in Reflect) an installation's first script.

Background:
I have two computers with nearly identical configurations. On one of the computers I generated Powershell scripts for two backups and wanted to copy these over to the other computer. The only required changes to implement these scripts and associated backup definitions on the 2nd computer was to change the <netbios>___</netbios> line in the .xml files. No change was needed to the .ps1 scripts. I copied the .xml and .ps1 files to the 2nd computer. Adding the backup definitions was no problem, but when I went to the Scripts tab all buttons were greys out; I could not add the new scripts.

Eventually I gave up, went to the Definition Files tab, selected the appropriate definition files, generated Powershell scripts for them, and then replaced the generated files with the files I had copied from the original computer. Once I had gone through that the buttons in the Scripts tab were active and I could schedule the scripts. (I didn't try doing an Add, but I assume it would work now that the button was active.)

I tried this on a 3rd computer. The Scripts buttons were all greyed out. Having a ,ps1 file in the Reflect definitions folder did not change anything. I created a .bat file for one of the existing backups and the Script buttons were now active.  I deleted the file and the buttons were greyed out.  I manually created another .bat file with the same name but containing only "@echo off" and the buttons were active again.  I then tried adding the .ps1 script (generated on a different computer) and was successful.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search