Ask user confirmation before closing the Macrium product

Author
besttng56
New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
my request is to implement a popup windows when you try to close the product via the "X" located upper right in Windows. The popup will ask "do you really want to leave Macrium session? YES/NO. The popup behavior should have a setting in default page that can set to use it or not.
This will prevent premature closure of the session in case of several log consultations. (this happens to me most of the time)
Let me know if this make sense
Thanks
dbminter
dbminter
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)
As long as, as you say, it's a user selectable option.  If it weren't, I'd find it very annoying to always have to confirm to close the Reflect interface as I'm relatively sure I always want to close it.  And, if I do need to go back into it, I just reopen it.

In your case, maybe a better feature request is persistent log tabs.  Meaning, when you open a log tab, it stays open until the user closes it.  Even if you close the Reflect application itself, the last opened log tabs are always reopened.  And implement some kind of Close All button for the log tabs as well as the ability to individually close the log tabs, as is currently implemented with the X's on the log tabs.

EDIT: Just saw this was in V7.  My descriptions were for V8.  It's been so long since I've used V7, my description of log tab behavior may not apply then.

Edited 20 August 2022 1:40 PM by dbminter
besttng56
besttng56
New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)
I am actually using software that has this feature and I personally don't get annoyed for something that I choose. Reopening the app require for security policy to type the admin psw, wait that all disks get online.....and this is annoying.
For the persistent log tab would be ok, always with the possibility to select the behaviour in the setting tab.
Thanks anyway for the prompt reply

dbminter
dbminter
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)
Ah, I see there were other concerns with your request in regards to closing the application unintentionally.  I didn't realize there were multiple steps involved in you signing into the app.  I can see why you wouldn't want to accidentally exit the interface if you didn't intend to and why you'd want an app close confirmation.  My suggestion of the reloading tabs was mostly based on what I thought your request was on, about the logs closing with the application closing.  Still persistent tabs may be a good suggestion?  Smile

Edited 20 August 2022 2:45 PM by dbminter
besttng56
besttng56
Yes, the persistent log tab could work too (as I said subjected to user choice in setting tab) , but my first one request remain the "nice to have"  BigGrin

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search