Unable to boot after adding boot menu under version 6

Author
cdsimon
New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I upgraded from v5 to v6 today and am unable to boot after adding the Macrium boot menu (PE 5.0 64-bit).  My Sony Vaio SVT131390X is running Windows 8.1 x64.  The boot menu worked fine under v5 prior to the install.  I am able to recover by booting into the recovery environment and "fixing boot problems".  I've tried several times with the same result.  Here is the error:
Recovery
  Your PC needs to be repaired
  The boot configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors
  File:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD
  error code 0xc000000f
  You'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media.  If you don't have any installation media, contact your system administrator or PC manufacturer.
  Press ESC for UEFI Firmware settings

Certainly not the end of the world, but I do find this feature handy. Any ideas? 

Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (3.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.5K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.5K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi

Thanks for posting. Sorry you are having problems.

Can you open a support ticket so we can request logging information to help diagnose the problem:

http://www.macrium.com/support.aspx#tickets

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Next Webinar

Richard V.
Richard V.
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
If Reflect's WinPE "Fix Windows Boot Errors" utility won't correct the problem, it seems likely that you may need to examine your system's UEFI settings.  This Windows Community Q/A topic may be helpful.

__
Oops, my apologies Nick.  Once again I hit the submit button before seeing your response.

Regards, Richard V. ("Arvy")
https://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/afc5d4fe-5d25-4e25-be94-185e.png

Edited 16 March 2015 6:03 PM by Arvy
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search