User option to run backup interactively or not

Author
dbminter
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I was thinking of implementing some kind of way for the user to execute a backup either interactively or not.  As it stands now, when a backup is executed that is not a scheduled backup, it is an interactive backup.  Meaning, the backup runs and the Reflect software cannot be used for any other tasks while the backup is running.  I was thinking of some kind of user selectable option or setting on a screen where they can choose to run the backup interactively or execute it but have it run like a "scheduled" backup: run immediately, but go to the Notification tray.  Also, this way, backups that are not scheduled ones can be "queued" by the user to run one after the other like scheduled backups can.

I can see a few reasons not to implement this, though.  If a backup is allowed to run non-interactively, then the user might try selecting Reflect functions in the software itself that cannot be executed while the backup is running.  However, Reflect should be able to tell the user such options cannot be executed while a backup is running.  But, I can see reasons not to implement this idea as well.

Thanks!

EDIT: OOPS!  I somehow put this in the v7 Wish List!  Sorry!  Move this to the appropriate forums as is seen fit.

Edited 14 August 2022 5:43 PM by dbminter
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search