backup xml file not found

Author
Haole Boy
New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I'm running Macrium Reflect Free V 8.0.6758 on Windows 10 Home V21H2. I'm getting errors running scheduled full backups due to the scheduler looking in the wrong directory for the backup .xml file. The error message is:

Backup Definition File: C:\Users\abcd\Documents\Reflect\Lenovo Backup.xml
XML Validation: Error - 'C:\Users\abcd\Documents\Reflect\Lenovo Backup.xml' not found

But when I look under 'Create Backups' in the 'Definition Files' tab, the path and file name is:

C:\Users\abcd\OneDrive\Documents\Reflect\Lenovo Backup.xml

I am using the Macrium Task Scheduler. But why is it looking in the wrong place for the xml file when doing a full backup? Differential backups do not have this problem.

How do I fix this?  I only have a single backup xml definition file.

Thanx,

Harry Z

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Sounds like you chose to back up your Desktop and Documents folder in OneDrive. You can’t directly “re-link” that definition file, so instead just choose to remove the definition file from Reflect’s list, and check the box to delete the associated XML file (which no longer exists as far as Reflect is concerned) and the associated scheduled tasks, so that you don’t continue to get “misfires” on a scheduled basis. Then import the definition file from its new location by clicking the green button with a plus icon. Lastly, set up your schedule(s) again, since those are not actually in the definition file and unfortunately there’s no way to just move existing schedules from one definition file to another, or even the same original definition file in a new location.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search