Importing definition files from old PC to new PC

Author
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I would expect V7 definition files to import to V8 given that in-place upgrades from V7 to V8 do not result in definition files being “reset”. I have no idea why editing a definition file to re-select your disk, which is an expected need in your case, would then clear out the remaining settings. Have you checked the XML View tab available in the lower half of the Backup Definition files tab to see if settings such as your retention policy do in fact exist in the file after you import it?

As for schedules, I guess I didn’t realize/remember that Reflect V7 was capable of exporting schedules. I thought that was part of V8 rather than V7.3 when Macrium Task Scheduler was introduced. I worked on the betas for both, but maybe my memory is hazy. But if exporting schedules is possible under V7.3, I would have expected those to import as well, although possibly not without the definition files being imported first.
Looraz
Looraz
New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
jphughan - 12 April 2022 4:20 PM
I would expect V7 definition files to import to V8 given that in-place upgrades from V7 to V8 do not result in definition files being “reset”. I have no idea why editing a definition file to re-select your disk, which is an expected need in your case, would then clear out the remaining settings. Have you checked the XML View tab available in the lower half of the Backup Definition files tab to see if settings such as your retention policy do in fact exist in the file after you import it?As for schedules, I guess I didn’t realize/remember that Reflect V7 was capable of exporting schedules. I thought that was part of V8 rather than V7.3 when Macrium Task Scheduler was introduced. I worked on the betas for both, but maybe my memory is hazy. But if exporting schedules is possible under V7.3, I would have expected those to import as well, although possibly not without the definition files being imported first.

I re-exported the definition file from my old PC again, and it imported perfectly. 
Afterwards, I imported the .sch schedule files and Macrium stated that it is unable to locate the .xml file. I manually browsed and pointed it to the .xml manually and voila, everything went well.

Cheers all!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search