Suggestion

Author
BigBen
New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,
the Site Manager is a very cool tool to manage Macrium's backups!
But two things i'm missing a bit:
1. Forecast Widget for all or for selectable schedules in one Widget. So i could see at a glance what backup is next.
2. A Widget for queued backups

That would be great!
Thanks and kind regards
BinBen
Alex
Alex
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (448 reputation)Macrium Representative (448 reputation)Macrium Representative (448 reputation)Macrium Representative (448 reputation)Macrium Representative (448 reputation)Macrium Representative (448 reputation)Macrium Representative (448 reputation)Macrium Representative (448 reputation)Macrium Representative (448 reputation)Macrium Representative (448 reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi, 

Thanks for the feedback! I've passed the first one along to the dev team - we think it's a good idea to have an at-a-glance single place to see all the next upcoming scheduled things. 

I'm not sure I understand #2 though - what would this show?

Kind regards,
Alex,
Macrium Development.

BigBen
BigBen
New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)
Alex - 17 March 2022 11:36 AM
Hi, 

Thanks for the feedback! I've passed the first one along to the dev team - we think it's a good idea to have an at-a-glance single place to see all the next upcoming scheduled things. 

Hi,
thanks for your reply :-)

To #2: Now and then i have the situation, that a drive needs two backups one after another. Then the first backup starts and the 2nd one is in queue until the first one ends. That situation happens i.e. if a machine is not online when a backup schedule want to backup it. So, when turining on the machine, more than one backup schedule want start at the same time (option Defer backups until computer is online in the schedule options). I hope, you understand what i mean :-)
A widget for such a case would be very appreciated to see which backup jobs are in queue.

Thanks and kind regards
BigBen
Alex
Alex
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (448 reputation)Macrium Representative (448 reputation)Macrium Representative (448 reputation)Macrium Representative (448 reputation)Macrium Representative (448 reputation)Macrium Representative (448 reputation)Macrium Representative (448 reputation)Macrium Representative (448 reputation)Macrium Representative (448 reputation)Macrium Representative (448 reputation)
Group: Moderators
BigBen - 17 March 2022 12:21 PM
Hi, 

Hi,

To #2: Now and then i have the situation, that a drive needs two backups one after another. Then the first backup starts and the 2nd one is in queue until the first one ends. That situation happens i.e. if a machine is not online when a backup schedule want to backup it. So, when turining on the machine, more than one backup schedule want start at the same time (option Defer backups until computer is online in the schedule options). I hope, you understand what i mean :-)
A widget for such a case would be very appreciated to see which backup jobs are in queue.

Thanks and kind regards
BigBen

Ah, I see - so that would include backups that are deferred (waiting for a slot in the repository before they can run) and blocked (waiting for another backup on the same machine to finish, upgrading, remote syncing)?

Would a list of computers with pending backups be better, or a list of the things that are waiting?

Kind regards,
Alex,
Macrium Development.

BigBen
BigBen
Alex - 17 March 2022 12:31 PM
BigBen - 17 March 2022 12:21 PM
Hi, 

Hi,

Thanks and kind regards
BigBen

Ah, I see - so that would include backups that are deferred (waiting for a slot in the repository before they can run) and blocked (waiting for another backup on the same machine to finish, upgrading, remote syncing)?

Would a list of computers with pending backups be better, or a list of the things that are waiting?

A list of the things that are waiting would be great :-)
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search