ViBoot - No bootable drive detected

Author
HallsOak
Junior Member (60 reputation)Junior Member (60 reputation)Junior Member (60 reputation)Junior Member (60 reputation)Junior Member (60 reputation)Junior Member (60 reputation)Junior Member (60 reputation)Junior Member (60 reputation)Junior Member (60 reputation)Junior Member (60 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

I'm using ViBoot with VirtualBox and I created a full image "test" backup on my second M.2 drive. However, when I try to use it I get this pop up:

The strange thing is that if I click OK, it gives me the options to create the VM, I change the memory and it boots fine. It's like it's a false warning?

I tested an full image from my main external backup drive and I get the same thing. Am I missing something incredibly obvious, or is it a bug? It's not very reassuring to see that, even though everything seems to be working as it should.

Thanks in advance for any help.

JK
JK
Master
Master (1.8K reputation)Master (1.8K reputation)Master (1.8K reputation)Master (1.8K reputation)Master (1.8K reputation)Master (1.8K reputation)Master (1.8K reputation)Master (1.8K reputation)Master (1.8K reputation)Master (1.8K reputation)
Can you post a screenshot showing the partitions contained in one of these full images that you have tested?

HallsOak
HallsOak
Junior Member (60 reputation)Junior Member (60 reputation)Junior Member (60 reputation)Junior Member (60 reputation)Junior Member (60 reputation)Junior Member (60 reputation)Junior Member (60 reputation)Junior Member (60 reputation)Junior Member (60 reputation)Junior Member (60 reputation)
Hello, JK,

Yes, sure, here is my "test" image, the backups on my external drives contain the same partitions:

I have used the same definition files for a long time. Here is a screenshot of my local disk as if I were to "Image this disk" they do match:

Edit: I should probably add I'm on the latest version v8.0.6560

Edit #2: Sorry, not trying to nag people on this, but I've been thinking, I had previously contacted support because I was having a lot of issues with BSODs using viBoot/VirtualBox, and it was recommended to add some registry tweaks, which did help with the crashes, but could they also be causing this error? The registry settings were:

REG ADD HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\MRCBT /v ExcludeVHD /t REG_DWORD /d 1
REG ADD HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\MRCBT /v ExcludeUSB /t REG_DWORD /d 1

Is anyone able to confirm or deny this? That is the only noticeable thing I've changed. I'm not sure what the default values for those settings are, or should I be contacting support directly about this?

Many thanks.

Edited 14 February 2022 7:36 PM by HallsOak
HallsOak
HallsOak
Update: Macrium support have been great and managed to replicate this. A patch should be out soon.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search