Scheduled F&F backup task sometimes tries to run image backup

Author
JK
Master
Master (1.8K reputation)Master (1.8K reputation)Master (1.8K reputation)Master (1.8K reputation)Master (1.8K reputation)Master (1.8K reputation)Master (1.8K reputation)Master (1.8K reputation)Master (1.8K reputation)Master (1.8K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Update:

The reported behavior (Reflect attempts to create an image when a scheduled File & Folder backup definition is launched) still occurs in Build 8.0.6560.

Moreover, I believe I have determined the conditions necessary for this bug to be triggered: 

This happens after I reboot my computer, if the scheduled tasks are launched before I log on to my account (i.e., after Kernel-General Event 12 but before Winlogon Event 7001).

Is there any valid reason why Reflect should not be able to complete a backup task in the period between power-up and logon?  If so, this issue may be in the category of a valid/normal error condition that gets misreported (albeit in a very bizarre way).  If scheduled tasks are supposed to be able to complete before the user has logged on, then the issue is more serious.

dbminter
dbminter
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I don't know if it's related, but during beta testing of v8, I had an issue where scheduled backups weren't running at all.  What had happened was Reflect was "stuck" on start of Windows.  If I waited a minute or two before entering my password and logging, on, scheduled backups started on time.  If I entered my password to log into Windows right away when the logon prompt appeared, Reflect's scheduled backups would not start.  Reflect was updated to fix this "hang" on Windows start.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search