Changing location of .xml file

Author
johnbor
New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
ON macrium reflect scheduling when creating a scheduled backup it allows you to save the .xml file usually on your user account under “ C:\Users\(username)\Documents\ Reflect\ “
But I have two user account on the same computer and it keeps defaulting back to one person account when I create a new backup, how can I change where the .xml file is saved so it shows the current user creating the backup? Is there a way to alter this?

Tags
dbminter
dbminter
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)
That's a bit odd.  Whenever you choose to save an XML to location, Reflect should "remember" the last location you used.  So, it should have been just a matter of saving an XML to a new location and all future saves should have defaulted to that last used save location.

Are you saying when you're logged in as one account when you save an XML to another location that when you log in to the 2nd account, that 2nd account doesn't show you where the last XML was saved?  If that's the case, I doubt Reflect would remember locations across two different accounts and I doubt there's anything you can do about that.  There MAY be a Registry key where the last XML was remembered and you could copy that across accounts in the Registry, but I don't know that.  About the only thing I could think of that would work in that case it to log into each account separately and save new XML's in the new location you wanted both accounts to save to by default.

johnbor
johnbor
New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)
dbminter - 23 January 2022 7:17 PM
That's a bit odd.  Whenever you choose to save an XML to location, Reflect should "remember" the last location you used.  So, it should have been just a matter of saving an XML to a new location and all future saves should have defaulted to that last used save location.

Are you saying when you're logged in as one account when you save an XML to another location that when you log in to the 2nd account, that 2nd account doesn't show you where the last XML was saved?  If that's the case, I doubt Reflect would remember locations across two different accounts and I doubt there's anything you can do about that.  There MAY be a Registry key where the last XML was remembered and you could copy that across accounts in the Registry, but I don't know that.  About the only thing I could think of that would work in that case it to log into each account separately and save new XML's in the new location you wanted both accounts to save to by default.

I added macrium under that main admin account but latter added a New backup task under a different user account and it saves it to the admin account. Can I alter or change where its saved?
JK
JK
Master
Master (1.9K reputation)Master (1.9K reputation)Master (1.9K reputation)Master (1.9K reputation)Master (1.9K reputation)Master (1.9K reputation)Master (1.9K reputation)Master (1.9K reputation)Master (1.9K reputation)Master (1.9K reputation)
When you save the XML, you can click on the square button labeled "..." to change the location where the file will be saved:

johnbor
johnbor
Yep I missed that right in front of me ,  had to rifle down threw the users accounts.. thanks
dbminter
dbminter
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)
Sorry, I made a cardinal error.  I assumed knowledge that the user might not necessarily possess and didn't expressly state it to them in case they hadn't.  I should have pointed out how to change where the XML's are saved.  So, that's my bad.

JK
JK
Master
Master (1.9K reputation)Master (1.9K reputation)Master (1.9K reputation)Master (1.9K reputation)Master (1.9K reputation)Master (1.9K reputation)Master (1.9K reputation)Master (1.9K reputation)Master (1.9K reputation)Master (1.9K reputation)
Glad you got it figured out.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search