Command line option for restoring backups?

Author
mrdavidc
New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
We would like to use command line scripting with Macrium. I see at this KB article, that you can use command line to perform backups, and mount images, but do not see a restore option. Can you do restores using command line with Macrium Reflect?
https://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW80/Using+Macrium+Reflect+from+the+command+line
Thank you
David
dbminter
dbminter
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.7K reputation)
It's probably not feasible to do command line restores.  While it would be fine for other kinds of restore operations, a restore of the Windows partition requires booting into the Rescue environment since the Windows partition is in use at the time the restore is staged.  However, it may be possible that command line operations could somehow stage a Rescue boot for the restore, but I don't know enough about the operation of the software to say how Reflect does its staging.

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)
If you don't see it mentioned on that page, I don't think it's available.  Part of the issue may be that command line backups require that you specify a definition file that contains the parameters of the backup job.  There isn't an equivalent for restore operations except in the context of "automatic system restore", which is a mechanism whereby you can have a restore operation execute automatically upon booting into Rescue Media.  It's mostly intended for kiosk-type systems that need to be periodically reset to a known good baseline.  Otherwise, it can be a bit of a hazard since you booting into Rescue Media could end up causing you to run a restore you never intended to run.  But although that mechanism does rely on "restore definition files", I don't believe those are used within Windows.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search