Site Manager V 8.0.6503 contains agent with V 8.0.6503, not v 8.0.6392

Site Manager V 8.0.6503 contains agent with V 8.0.6503, not v 8.0.6392...
Author
Morris
Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Just installed and expected to see workstations update the backup agent as the readme indicates new agent V v 8.0.6392.  They did not update so I checked the dates of the files on the site manager server and they are 1/11/22 so the files updated on he server yet when I excite the installer it states v 8.0.6392 which I found on 3 computers in requiring restart state.

I'm wondering if I'm seeing a branding error or the agent files were not updated when shipped.

Thank  you in advance,

Morris
Morris
Morris
Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)
Note, I just checked windows settings/apps on one of the workstations and the install date is today's.
Alex
Alex
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Morris,

I've just checked our test systems - it looks like all the binaries we've shipped for 8.0.6503 are reporting the right version.

Version 8.0.6392 is the version of Reflect we've synced the Agent to - that means that when you run the Macrium Agent (c:\program files\macrium\agent\reflect.exe), you should get the Agent version 8.0.6503 which has all the same features and bugfixes as the Reflect 8.0.6392 release.

Do you have a standalone install of Macrium Reflect installed on those computers as well as the Macrium Agent? If so, you should see that the standalone Reflect reports version 8.0.6392 (c:\program files\macrium\reflect\reflect.exe) and that the apps and features wizard has two entries, one for Macrium Reflect and one for Macrium Agent.

Kind Regards,

Alex

Macrium Development

Next Webinar

See our reviews on

Trustpilot Logo
Trustpilot Stars

Morris
Morris
Alex - 13 January 2022 9:26 AM
Hi Morris,

I've just checked our test systems - it looks like all the binaries we've shipped for 8.0.6503 are reporting the right version.

Version 8.0.6392 is the version of Reflect we've synced the Agent to - that means that when you run the Macrium Agent (c:\program files\macrium\agent\reflect.exe), you should get the Agent version 8.0.6503 which has all the same features and bugfixes as the Reflect 8.0.6392 release.

Do you have a standalone install of Macrium Reflect installed on those computers as well as the Macrium Agent? If so, you should see that the standalone Reflect reports version 8.0.6392 (c:\program files\macrium\reflect\reflect.exe) and that the apps and features wizard has two entries, one for Macrium Reflect and one for Macrium Agent.

Thank you Alex,

Yes I have a mix of stand alone and fully managed clients.  This is a bazar way of version numbering and quite confusing.  I have some stand alone clients as Macrium's licensing and fee structure provides the most economical solution this way.  I only use the stand alone clients as licenses with all agent management centrally managed.  The stand alone clients do not check for updates as my users prefer me to manage updates for them. 

The readme seems to indicate the version number of the stand alone agent is what we should have.  I feel it would be much clearer if either the agent versions were consistent with the code they are running rather than the product that installed them.

Morris
L. W. "Dan" Danz
L. W. "Dan" Danz
Guru
Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)
I beg to express a different opinion.   Version 6503, being a higher number, implies that it contains all previous changes, which means it contains fixes beyond 6392, but 6392 is the version of the latest announced Reflect update.  I wouldn't want a release of anything that contained fixes beyond 6392 to be labelled 6392. That would be very misleading.  

L W "Dan" Danz, Overland Park KS 
MR v8.0.6786+    Win10.21H2-19044.1889+    Win11.21H2-22000.856+

Morris
Morris
L. W. "Dan" Danz - 13 January 2022 5:29 PM
I beg to express a different opinion.   Version 6503, being a higher number, implies that it contains all previous changes, which means it contains fixes beyond 6392, but 6392 is the version of the latest announced Reflect update.  I wouldn't want a release of anything that contained fixes beyond 6392 to be labelled 6392. That would be very misleading.  

You are correct about the version number being larger and that is clear.   It is the change log that is confusing.  I looked for the version number listed there on the updated clients and did not find it.

Morris
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search