Scheduling stopped working

Author
anachromat
New Member (24 reputation)New Member (24 reputation)New Member (24 reputation)New Member (24 reputation)New Member (24 reputation)New Member (24 reputation)New Member (24 reputation)New Member (24 reputation)New Member (24 reputation)New Member (24 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Arvy, just to be sure, I created a brand new backup task, a "Daily" one to do a full backup of a single small folder, set to run a few minutes in the future.  As before, the admin account was inactive, and this was done from an elevated Reflect in a non-admin user account.

When the time came, the job triggered, but failed at once with a "The requested operation requires elevation." error.

So back to Reflect, where I added 10 minutes to the start time.  Then back to Task Scheduler, where I changed only the account the task should run under (to an admin account), and supplied that account's password.

When the new time came, the job ran and completed successfully.

Of course there may be relevant differences between our setups we haven't guessed at.  But I think this new experiment drilled down to about the simplest thing possible to do with a scheduled backup.

I doubt it matters, but the destination for all my backups is an external USB hard drive; but I can't imagine how that could affect Windows screwing up permissions to start the job to begin with.
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Sincere, apologies for the lack of information from us on the issues with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. We've literally been working around the clock to provide a solution and we're almost there. 

Please see this KB article for more details on the problems and workarounds:  http://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW/Windows+10+Aniversary+Update+issues

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Richard V.
Richard V.
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thanks, Nick.  I'm sure everyone is working very hard.  Sorry for any unhelpful remarks or any that may have seemed unappreciative of that fact.

@anachromat -- Everything you say makes perfect sense to me.  As I said above, it would be a better interim solution than either of the others if it can be replicated.  I will keep on trying to make it work on my current W10 AU setup.  According to that KB article and Nick's follow-up, however, the Macrium gang may beat us both to an even better solution.

Regards, Richard V. ("Arvy")
https://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/afc5d4fe-5d25-4e25-be94-185e.png

Edited 7 August 2016 11:18 PM by Arvy
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search