Scheduling stopped working

Author
Gork
Guru
Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Looks like @Nick did his homework!  Quick way to bring this mystery to a close.  Smile
jewelr
jewelr
New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)
Yes indeed Gork. Thanks for your time and help in trying to figure it out. I have to say out of all the W10 builds, and i have been running them all since inception, this is the first time i have had an issue with it effecting Macrium.
rlcronin
rlcronin
Talented Member
Talented Member (106 reputation)Talented Member (106 reputation)Talented Member (106 reputation)Talented Member (106 reputation)Talented Member (106 reputation)Talented Member (106 reputation)Talented Member (106 reputation)Talented Member (106 reputation)Talented Member (106 reputation)Talented Member (106 reputation)
Gork - 31 December 2015 9:39 AM
Looks like @Nick did his homework!  Quick way to bring this mystery to a close.  Smile

Not quite closed. I've had the same experience and have found that if you delete the backup task and manually recreate it (using the Create Task button in task scheduler), being careful to set all the various properties of the new task the same as the old one, the new task DOES work. So there's a workaround for you to get your backups going again whilst awaiting the proper fix from Microsoft. I did compare the new (exported) version of the task to the old version and there are definitely some differences, revealing that Microsoft is absolutely making changes in this area. For one, the old task has a task-version property of 1.1, the new has it as 1.2. There are a smattering of other differences as well (e.g. properties in the new version that did not exist in the old). This is affecting not only the Reflect tasks. For instance all my various GoogleUpdater tasks won't run either. So there you have it. Ah the joys of being a beta tester ;-)

--
bc
Edited 1 January 2016 6:37 PM by rlcronin
MaxManus
MaxManus
New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
I also discovered during Christmas that the last automatic backup went the 18.12.2015 . Presumably after an update of Windows 10 Pro . or Macrium Reflect 6.1 Home Edition ( 64-bit ) .I also tried to delete it , then countervail Backup plan based on the form Grandfather , Father , Son without success.I find no error messages and commanded by Manuel backup, runs smoothly .

Whistling ??

Bets Regards,
Stein

rlcronin
rlcronin
Talented Member
Talented Member (106 reputation)Talented Member (106 reputation)Talented Member (106 reputation)Talented Member (106 reputation)Talented Member (106 reputation)Talented Member (106 reputation)Talented Member (106 reputation)Talented Member (106 reputation)Talented Member (106 reputation)Talented Member (106 reputation)
Sadly the new Insider fast ring build released today, 11099, does not fix this issue.

--
bc
Edited 13 January 2016 10:14 PM by rlcronin
rlcronin
rlcronin
Talented Member
... and yet again, today's build 11102 does not solve this problem.

However, I made a discovery. If I export the non-functional Macrium-generated backup task and edit the prologue from:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
<Task version="1.1"

to

<Task version="1.2"

then delete the old task and re-import it from the edited copy, the new instance of the task runs just fine.

So there's a workaround for you.

--
bc
jewelr
jewelr
New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)
rlcronin - 21 January 2016 8:56 PM
... and yet again, today's build 11102 does not solve this problem.

However, I made a discovery. If I export the non-functional Macrium-generated backup task and edit the prologue from:

<Task version="1.1"

to

<Task version="1.2"

then delete the old task and re-import it from the edited copy, the new instance of the task runs just fine.

So there's a workaround for you.

The only problem with this workaround is it deletes your backup schedule in Macrium. You can also achieve the same result by just editing the "configure for" and change it to "Windows 10" under the general tab in properties. Something i mentioned in the beginning of this post.
Gary Kissinger
Gary Kissinger
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
Win 10 Task scheduler will not run Macrium scheduled jobs for the last 3 releases...
jewelr
jewelr
Gary Kissinger - 24 January 2016 7:45 PM
Win 10 Task scheduler will not run Macrium scheduled jobs for the last 3 releases...

Yes, Exactly.
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)
Group: Administrators
@Gary Kissinger,  @jewelr

Thanks for getting back.

Are you Microsoft beta testers for the Windows 10 insider preview releases?  If so, and if you haven't done so already, you should inform MS of your findings as part of your beta testing obligation. Windows 10 Insider preview has broken the Windows Task scheduler 1.0 API and is not a stable release. It is a far reaching problem that also affects Google updater amongst other applications scheduled tasks. It is surprising that they haven't fixed this yet. 

If you are not running the Insider Preview version, what release of Windows are you running and what are the symptoms?  You can find the Windows 10 version by executing 'WinVer.exe'.

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Edited 24 January 2016 9:23 PM by Nick
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search