Reflect "Fix Windows Boot Problem" feature. How to use?

Author
M MacKenrick
Junior Member (92 reputation)Junior Member (92 reputation)Junior Member (92 reputation)Junior Member (92 reputation)Junior Member (92 reputation)Junior Member (92 reputation)Junior Member (92 reputation)Junior Member (92 reputation)Junior Member (92 reputation)Junior Member (92 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Reflect apparently has a Fix Windows Boot Problem feature described at "http://reflect.macrium.com/help/v5/rescue_cds/fix_boot_problems.htm ".  The problem with that support page is that it DOES NOT TELL YOU HOW TO USE THE FEATURE.  If your computer will not boot to windows, how do you get to that feature to use it?  Also, is it available in all editions or just the Server Edition?   This is in reference to Macrium Reflect 7 on a Windows 10 computer. Thank you very much for your help.

M MacKenrick
M MacKenrick
Junior Member (92 reputation)Junior Member (92 reputation)Junior Member (92 reputation)Junior Member (92 reputation)Junior Member (92 reputation)Junior Member (92 reputation)Junior Member (92 reputation)Junior Member (92 reputation)Junior Member (92 reputation)Junior Member (92 reputation)
M MacKenrick - 19 November 2021 7:39 PM
Reflect apparently has a Fix Windows Boot Problem feature described at "http://reflect.macrium.com/help/v5/rescue_cds/fix_boot_problems.htm ".  The problem with that support page is that it DOES NOT TELL YOU HOW TO USE THE FEATURE.  If your computer will not boot to windows, how do you get to that feature to use it?  Also, is it available in all editions or just the Server Edition?   This is in reference to Macrium Reflect 7 on a Windows 10 computer. Thank you very much for your help.

I did some more searching around and it looks like, in order to use the Fix Boot Problem feature, you must boot up with the Macrium Rescue Disc.  I thought it might be something like that but it should have been stated somewhere in the article.
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (21K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (21K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (21K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (21K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (21K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (21K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (21K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (21K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (21K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (21K reputation)
I would have thought that if the goal of the utility was to fix boot problems, it would be self-evident that this utility would not be found in "regular" Reflect that requires you to boot into Windows, and the only alternative is the Rescue Media environment.  Additionally, your link comes from the Reflect V5 User Guide.  That is several years old.  The current equivalent of that page, from the Reflect V8 User Guide, is here and it does specify that it's in the WinPE Rescue Media environment.

M MacKenrick
M MacKenrick
Sorry if my question appeared to be critical.  I'm not very familiar with Reflect so I came here and did a search for information on how to use the Fix Windows Boot Problem feature.  When I searched that title I was directed to the link I listed.  I didn't notice the link contained the letter v5, I just saw the "fix_boot_problems" so I selected the link.  When the page opened I didn't see anything about the version of Reflect so I thought I had the correct information.  I read the information and suspected that in order to get to that feature you needed to boot from a rescue disc.  I was unsure what I would have to do after booting with a rescue disk and was hoping there would be some instructions on how to proceed and what options to select.  I apologize if  I offended anyone.  It was not intentional. 

I'm very thankful for forums like this that help those of us that have questions and are unsure of how to do things.  I very much appreciate knowledgeable members like you, giving of your time to help us.

Danskeman
Danskeman
Expert
Expert (726 reputation)Expert (726 reputation)Expert (726 reputation)Expert (726 reputation)Expert (726 reputation)Expert (726 reputation)Expert (726 reputation)Expert (726 reputation)Expert (726 reputation)Expert (726 reputation)
M MacKenrick - 20 November 2021 10:51 PM
Sorry if my question appeared to be critical.  I'm not very familiar with Reflect so I came here and did a search for information on how to use the Fix Windows Boot Problem feature.  When I searched that title I was directed to the link I listed.  I didn't notice the link contained the letter v5, I just saw the "fix_boot_problems" so I selected the link.  When the page opened I didn't see anything about the version of Reflect so I thought I had the correct information.  I read the information and suspected that in order to get to that feature you needed to boot from a rescue disc.  I was unsure what I would have to do after booting with a rescue disk and was hoping there would be some instructions on how to proceed and what options to select.  I apologize if  I offended anyone.  It was not intentional. 

I'm very thankful for forums like this that help those of us that have questions and are unsure of how to do things.  I very much appreciate knowledgeable members like you, giving of your time to help us.

This is a good tutorial.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/85198-use-macrium-reflect-rescue-media-fix-windows-boot-issues.html
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search