Incorrect Username o Password after upgrading to build 6161

Author
Endgame_101
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Has any of you found problems with your scheduled backup failing with error Incorrect Username o Password after upgrading to V8 build 6161? Everything was working fine on multiple computers before the upgrade. Already uninstalled and re-installed.

110% logon credentials are good and properly configured on the network share setting ( Editing the defaults and setting section).

I did a packet capture with Wireshark and I can see that Macrium is not sending the username / password when trying to connect my NAS during the automated backup.

The connection request by Macrium using SMB2 and the NTLMM packet has the user field empty  please see below. Help is really appreciated.
David Lambert
David Lambert
New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)
I am having a problem on one device only, where the scheduled backup fails. If I open and edit the definition file, I am prompted for the Username and Password for the destination drive which is attached to another PC. I know that the credentials are valid because I can access that drive via Windows File Explorer without issue. I can also use a 'Remote Desktop Connection' to access and use the remote PC. I can perform a backup manually by selecting the definition file and running the backup (either full or incremental) and it succeeds. The only difference between the device I'm having the issue with and the three other devices that backup to the same destination is that the OS is 32-bit Windows 10 Pro as opposed to 64-bit Windows 10 Pro (this is where the backup destination resides), 64-bit Windows 10 Home and 64-bit Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview. The most recent version is installed on all PC's.
When editing the 'Definition file' if I select the 'Browse For Folder' button in 'Edit' pane, this is what I see. The destination drive/folder is available.

After selecting, I am presented with the following 

And then this

Edited 20 October 2021 8:23 PM by David Lambert
Nanolab
Nanolab
New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)
Endgame_101 - 19 October 2021 8:47 PM
Has any of you found problems with your scheduled backup failing with error Incorrect Username o Password after upgrading to V8 build 6161? Everything was working fine on multiple computers before the upgrade. Already uninstalled and re-installed.

110% logon credentials are good and properly configured on the network share setting ( Editing the defaults and setting section).

I did a packet capture with Wireshark and I can see that Macrium is not sending the username / password when trying to connect my NAS during the automated backup.

The connection request by Macrium using SMB2 and the NTLMM packet has the user field empty  please see below. Help is really appreciated.

Hello there,

I have the exact same problem... Scheduled tasks are logging the very same error, but when I run manually the backup work, it start and succeed. I am sure at 100% of my network credentials, I tried with DNS record names as well as IP with no luck, and last thing It worked with v8 but I have no logged leftover of that ...

So, I can provide logs or anything that could help to solve that problem....

TY

EDIT : Win 10 Pro fully updated v21H1, 19043.1288, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0
I9 9900K 32gB NV3090 NVME Samsung 970 Pro
Edited 21 October 2021 6:16 PM by Nanolab
Endgame_101
Endgame_101
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
Hi All,

Quick update.

I worked with Macrium support and they were able to see the empty user name and password as I described in my original post. The solution, for now, is to configure Macrium Reflect to use the macrium scheduler with an admin account vs using a SYSTEM account ( Reflect Default and Settings ---> Schedule Settings-----> Uncheck the box "Use The Windows SYSTEM  Account to run scheduled tasks" and then enter your admin credentials in the remaining two boxes.

This is not perfect and certainly no good practice (my opinion only) but for me, it helps me as a workaround.  I am a little concerned that the technician did not acknowledge this as a bug and it seems that have not been able to duplicate it in their systems and in my case it is happening on 2 different systems with W10 professional and different install dates and computer brands, one is a HP Laptop and the other one is a Desktop dell.

BTW there is a very similar report I believe in V7 or V6, it is buried in the KB in Macrium. I found it but misplaced the link basically says that if you run the task manually from macirum works fine but scheduled tasks are failing.

I hope Macrium Tech Support fixes this problem
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search