v8 running old script

Author
RickMo
New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi. Just upgraded to v8. Macrium is trying to run old scheduled scripts. I've selected the "Use Macrium Task Scheduler" option to see if that makes a difference, but it doesn't. It is running the my current scripts successfully but it's looking for -- and trying to execute -- old, scheduled tasks. How can I correct this? TIA

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)
Go to the Scheduled Backups tab and delete any scheduled tasks that you don’t want.
RickMo
RickMo
New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)
jphughan - 11 October 2021 6:31 PM
Go to the Scheduled Backups tab and delete any scheduled tasks that you don’t want.

Thanks for the suggestion. Herein lies the problem: The old scripts don't show up in the "Scheduled Backups." They're phantom tasks performed by Macrium. I checked the Windows Task Scheduler and see nothing there either. I renamed the old scripts and scheduled them, and they run fine. But every night I get a warning notification that Macrium can't find the old scripts, and they don't appear in the Scheduled Backups.
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)
If you don't have any of these phantom jobs showing under Scheduled Backups and don't see anything under Windows Task Scheduler directly (where you could potentially have manually created tasks), then I'm not sure what to tell you, since that's a new one for me.  I'm not aware of any way to schedule tasks using Macrium Task Scheduler in a way that would not cause them to appear under Scheduled Backups.  As a possible workaround, what about creating a new script (or definition file if that's what you've meant thus far?) with a name and location that matches the phantom(s), ensuring that appears in Reflect under the Backup Definition Files or Scripts tab, as appropriate, and THEN seeing if these phantom scheduled tasks appear under Scheduled Backups?

RickMo
RickMo
jphughan - 11 October 2021 7:21 PM
If you don't have any of these phantom jobs showing under Scheduled Backups and don't see anything under Windows Task Scheduler directly (where you could potentially have manually created tasks), then I'm not sure what to tell you, since that's a new one for me.  I'm not aware of any way to schedule tasks using Macrium Task Scheduler in a way that would not cause them to appear under Scheduled Backups.  As a possible workaround, what about creating a new script (or definition file if that's what you've meant thus far?) with a name and location that matches the phantom(s), ensuring that appears in Reflect under the Backup Definition Files or Scripts tab, as appropriate, and THEN seeing if these phantom scheduled tasks appear under Scheduled Backups?

Thanks again. (yes, scripts = definition files. Sorry for any confusion)  I'll try your suggestion. Very strange problem... it's a ghost in the machine! I guess the last resort is a complete un-install then re-install. I'll let you know what happens. Thanks again.

RickMo
RickMo

Followed your suggestion. Here's my weird result: The "phantom" Definition Files are present in the folder \documents\reflect. They're named SUN, MWF, TTS. From Macrium's Definition Files screen, I click "Add" and I can see the files, then select one of the files, click Open, and nothing. They don't show up in the Definition Files screen. I can't add any of the three to the files list.

Chris
Chris
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (297 reputation)Macrium Representative (297 reputation)Macrium Representative (297 reputation)Macrium Representative (297 reputation)Macrium Representative (297 reputation)Macrium Representative (297 reputation)Macrium Representative (297 reputation)Macrium Representative (297 reputation)Macrium Representative (297 reputation)Macrium Representative (297 reputation)
Group: Moderators
RickMo - 11 October 2021 7:53 PM

Followed your suggestion. Here's my weird result: The "phantom" Definition Files are present in the folder \documents\reflect. They're named SUN, MWF, TTS. From Macrium's Definition Files screen, I click "Add" and I can see the files, then select one of the files, click Open, and nothing. They don't show up in the Definition Files screen. I can't add any of the three to the files list.

HI @RickMo

Please can you raise a support ticket at https://helpme.macrium.com so we can gather further information.

Kind regards.

Chris.

--
Chris Bamford
Macrium Reflect Development & Support
KnowledgeBase: http://knowledgebase.macrium.com/
YouTube Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/Macrium

Next Webinar

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...