A problem with Macrium Reflect 8 and delete a backup files/folder

Author
DuqueLuis
New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello
I choose any of options in Restore menu: "Broese a image or file to restore" or "explore a image" but not see any image in windows of software to choose a file. See this image
https://ibb.co/xqdbB8m

Software not found any image but in explorer of Windows i have 3! And all work i mount any of images in a virtual disk create by  software.
See image of explorer:
https://ibb.co/0rYDwvM

With Image Guardian up i not can delete a image in explorer of Windows and with software open not show any image of a file or folder. Sotware work with images of a disk and i can delete images and etc but not work with images of files or folder. why?

thank you
JK
JK
Expert
Expert (681 reputation)Expert (681 reputation)Expert (681 reputation)Expert (681 reputation)Expert (681 reputation)Expert (681 reputation)Expert (681 reputation)Expert (681 reputation)Expert (681 reputation)Expert (681 reputation)
Not sure why your files aren't visible, but what happens if you try it the following way? 
Edit: I posted an update below -- there is a simple solution.  Nonetheless, I'm leaving the rest of my original response below, since OP may not be familiar with alternative methods of accessing the existing backup files from within Reflect.

Go to Existing Backups, then click the "File and Folder" tab.  Do you see your backup files listed there? If not, is the folder containing the backups listed in the Folders column?  If not, click the Edit button to edit the folder list, and add your folder.  Do the files appear?  Maybe post a screenshot of what you see in the existing backups list after you have completed these steps.

By the way, you can upload screenshots directly to this forum using the "Insert" button at the bottom of the message editing window (or even copy/paste the images directly into the message editing window).  No need to link to external image hosting websites.

Edited 31 July 2021 6:04 PM by JK
JK
JK
Expert
Expert (681 reputation)Expert (681 reputation)Expert (681 reputation)Expert (681 reputation)Expert (681 reputation)Expert (681 reputation)Expert (681 reputation)Expert (681 reputation)Expert (681 reputation)Expert (681 reputation)
OK, silly me, the problem turns out to be easy.  By default, Reflect's open file dialog only selects .mrimg files.  All you have to do is to change the file type to .mrbak, as shown below:

DuqueLuis
DuqueLuis
New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)
lol sorry..... Missed this.
Thank you for help

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)
The browse dialog shows MRBAK files by default if you click the File & Folder tab before clicking Browse.
dbminter
dbminter
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)
^  He beat me to it.  Smile

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search