Mounting Hangs at Assigning Drive Letter...

Author
twlawson
New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,
I am running F&F backups for Macrium Server on Server 2012. The first day it completed a Full backup, I tried to explore the backup. It mounted without issues. Now, two days later, if I try to mount a daily Incremental backup, the process hangs when assigning a drive letter. I have tired different drive letters with the same result. I also went back and tried the Full backup that previously mounted, but it now hangs there as well. Any suggestions?

JK
JK
Expert
Expert (681 reputation)Expert (681 reputation)Expert (681 reputation)Expert (681 reputation)Expert (681 reputation)Expert (681 reputation)Expert (681 reputation)Expert (681 reputation)Expert (681 reputation)Expert (681 reputation)
Not sure why no one has responded in a week.  I'm not familiar with Macrium Server, but have you tried opening the Macrium UI and going to "Existing Backups" to mount the drive using the "Browse" button?

This is from the Macrium Reflect Workstation edition, not sure if the UI looks the same for you:

Do you still experience the same problem doing it this way (as opposed to clicking the .mrimg files in Windows File Explorer)?

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)
If a restart doesn’t resolve this, an uninstall and reinstall might. The uninstaller defaults to preserving the items you’d want to preserve if you planned to reinstall Reflect afterward, so it’s pretty painless.
dbminter
dbminter
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)
I was also going to recommend an uninstall/reinstall.  Also, trying to reboot, if you haven't, is usually a first troubleshooting step I have for any issue I'm trying to resolve.  So, try that first, too.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search