Cannot Back up to NAS

Author
Robbie936
New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I'm not sure if this is the correct section, please relocate if necessary.
I am running win 10 64 bit and i have created a back up task to back up some files to an Asustor AS6604T NAS.
If i select the task and select run now it works without any problems. If i schedule the task for say in 5 minutes time i get an error "none of the specified backup locations can be written to"
Can i have some help please.
Edited 20 July 2021 12:35 AM by Robbie936
JK
JK
Master
Master (1.8K reputation)Master (1.8K reputation)Master (1.8K reputation)Master (1.8K reputation)Master (1.8K reputation)Master (1.8K reputation)Master (1.8K reputation)Master (1.8K reputation)Master (1.8K reputation)Master (1.8K reputation)
What version and build of Reflect are you using?

You might find some clues in the following topic:
https://forum.macrium.com/49553/Backup-aborted-None-of-the-specified-backup-locations-could-be-written-to

Edited 20 July 2021 12:39 AM by JK
Robbie936
Robbie936
New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)
V8
Build 6036.
I'll view the link you sent.
Thank you
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)
Make sure you’ve got appropriate credentials for the NAS target stored under Defaults and Settings > Network. When you run a backup interactively, Reflect can piggyback on authenticated network connections open in your user session where it’s running. Scheduled tasks operate in a separate context and therefore do not have access to your session’s open network connections, so Reflect needs to have credentials stored to open its own connection.

Also make sure you are using a UNC path instead of a mapped drive letter, since the latter are also only valid within your own user session, not system-wide.
Robbie936
Robbie936
Thanks, I'll check
Robbie936
Robbie936
I have a folder on the nas public\rob\marcrium, when i enter the network details in macrium it will only accept "the ip adress\public", i enter my user name and password but it still does not work. I cannot enter "the ipaddress\public\rob".
Task still fails
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)
The share is just the first folder, so you just need \\NASNameorIP\ShareName. If the destination folder for the backup is a subfolder, that’s fine. Reflect will still use the credential for the share to access a subfolder. But if you use an IP in the UNC path of the stored credential, make sure you also use an IP in the UNC path of the destination.
Robbie936
Robbie936
Success!
The "\\NASNameorIP\ShareName" is the part that had me confused. A little tricky for newbies that bit.
Thank very much indeed jphughan
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Excellent! Not sure why that credential wasn’t auto-stored when you first specified that network location as a destination for backups, but glad you’re all good!
Robbie936
Robbie936
As an aside, if i go to back up a partition macrium shows all drives on my computer, if i click on network it never ever shows anything even though i have a nas connected. If i want to try and use the nas i have to type in the \\192.168.1.etc etc
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search