Getting "Backup (Image) failed on MORRIS-DELL - Agent is not connected"

Author
Morris
Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
The computer is laptop and there are two other laptops in the same schedule and definition.  "Defer backups until computer is online" is selected.  Only this laptop is reported to fail because it is offline.  

I've tried:
- Remove the computer from site manager and then add it back
- Created a new schedule

Still have the problem.  Advice please.

Thank you,

Morris
Alex
Alex
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)
Group: Moderators
Morris - 7 July 2021 11:18 PM
The computer is laptop and there are two other laptops in the same schedule and definition.  "Defer backups until computer is online" is selected.  Only this laptop is reported to fail because it is offline.  

I've tried:
- Created a new schedule

Thank you,

Morris

Hi Morris,
We've seen this before where a computer is online when the backup process starts, but drops offline in between the server deciding to run a backup and actually launching the backup. It should be extremely rare if it happens due to network outage, so something unusual may be going on that triggers it on your setup, such as a crash or the Agent inadvertently triggering a reconnect. Could you contact our support team so we can collect some logs and do an analysis?

Kind Regards,

Alex

Macrium Development

Next Webinar

See our reviews on

Trustpilot Logo
Trustpilot Stars

Morris
Morris
Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)Junior Member (81 reputation)
Alex - 8 July 2021 9:19 AM

I've tried:
- Created a new schedule

Thank you,

Morris

Hi Morris,
We've seen this before where a computer is online when the backup process starts, but drops offline in between the server deciding to run a backup and actually launching the backup. It should be extremely rare if it happens due to network outage, so something unusual may be going on that triggers it on your setup, such as a crash or the Agent inadvertently triggering a reconnect. Could you contact our support team so we can collect some logs and do an analysis?

Hi Alex,

This is different.  The laptop is not turned on when this happens.  I've seen it with all laptops powered off and only this one gets the error and I've been trying to figure out what is unique.  Of the three hosts I've looked at, it is the only one with a home licence.  I did upgrade to the latest version of reflect even though the connection is to the agent and that did not help.  I figured I'd give a shout out to the forum before opening a support case.

Thank you,

Morris
Alex
Alex
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)
Group: Moderators
Morris - 8 July 2021 12:10 PM

I've tried:
- Created a new schedule

Thank you,

Morris

Hi Morris,

Hi Alex,

This is different.  The laptop is not turned on when this happens.  I've seen it with all laptops powered off and only this one gets the error and I've been trying to figure out what is unique.  Of the three hosts I've looked at, it is the only one with a home licence.  I did upgrade to the latest version of reflect even though the connection is to the agent and that did not help.  I figured I'd give a shout out to the forum before opening a support case.

Thank you,

Morris

Ah, I see!
That's extremely strange - the scheduler should only attempt to start a backup for a computer in the "connected" state - I can't think of anything obvious that might cause this, other than to make sure that when the laptop is online, it appears as a normal connected agent. 

I think the support team are the way to go for this.

Kind Regards,

Alex

Macrium Development

Next Webinar

See our reviews on

Trustpilot Logo
Trustpilot Stars

Morris
Morris
Alex - 8 July 2021 12:20 PM
Morris - 8 July 2021 12:10 PM

I've tried:
- Created a new schedule

Thank you,

Morris

Hi Morris,

Hi Alex,

Thank you,

Morris

Ah, I see!
That's extremely strange - the scheduler should only attempt to start a backup for a computer in the "connected" state - I can't think of anything obvious that might cause this, other than to make sure that when the laptop is online, it appears as a normal connected agent. 

I think the support team are the way to go for this.

Thank you Alex,

I'll contact support.  When connect backup works perfectly. 

Morris
Morris
Morris
Support had me uninstall the agent and then reinstall.  At first it did not seem to fix it yet after a few schedule changes to test the issue was gone.

Morris
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search