AutoRun backup script silent with no UAC prompt

Author
Greg
New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I want to run a saved backup script automatically when I attach a USB disk using autorun function of my USB manager

Can this be done without the need to respond to my default UAC prompt ??

Thanks

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (16K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (16K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (16K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (16K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (16K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (16K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (16K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (16K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (16K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (16K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Reflect requires elevated privileges to do what it does. The only way I’ve found to “pre-authorize” elevation is to use a scheduled task. You could create a scheduled task with a one-time execution occurrence in the past just to have it available to be called via manual invocation, and then configure some application to call that scheduled task when you connect a USB disk.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search